- Windows compatibility issue

• The problem is:

When I open the application (Arduino 1.0 - Windows) the start image shows up, then the image disappear and nothing happens.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits), the Arduino already has been recognized (Arduino MEGA 2560), I also tried with the previous versions of the Arduino’s software (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)…but as I already said, the software doesn’t start.

Really appreciate some help.

In what directory did you install?

Hello! I have unzipped the files of Arduino software in the predetermined folder first (Downloads), then I tried in a personalized directory, neither worked. (It's that what you mean?)

Hello!

Nachopp:
I have unzipped the files of Arduino software in the predetermined folder first (Downloads)

As in the Desktop \ YourUserName \ Downloads folder?

, then I tried in a personalized directory, neither worked.

The what?

(It's that what you mean?)

Sort of. The actual directory would be more helpful. For example, I'm using Windows Vista and I have Arduino 1.0 installed in this directory...

C:\Arduino\arduino-1.0\

• I moved it, and now it works!

Can't believe only for that reason it doesn't worked... open little slow, but I can deal with that.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I have Arduino-0022, 0023, and 1.0 installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-0022, C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-0023, and C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\ and have no problems. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Same thing with Processing, which lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\processing-1.5.1\

They all run just fine.