Go Down

Topic: arduino uno red led,s (Read 9057 times) previous topic - next topic

martyb123

this is my second arduino uno board this  one did  detect through the usb cable and we did  manage to install the drivers for windows 64 bit op system. we  uploaded the fading led schetch to the board sucessfully, this board has 2 red led,s  yes red not green when first powered up  1 red on led and one flashing led now with  sketch on 1 red led staying on  ????? so this seems like the 2  green  led,s on the previous board except they are red not green?? and i to conclude that the  maker  ran out of red ones has anybody else  gor the same red led,s please   help as i,m   worried

johnwasser

On a genuine Arduino UNO the power LED is green and the 'L' LED (connected to pin 13) is yellow.  Sounds like you have an Arduino clone made by a company that doesn't bother to get the colors right.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

cmiyc

Clone makers use RED because they are cheaper.  That gives you an idea of the (non-)quality of the clone boards. 
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

JaymesKeller

Sounds like to me (as in concurring with the above posters) that your UNO board is a clone*. The standard* setup for the LEDs are Green for Power, and Yellow for the on-board LED.

Still, I have one rhetorical question. Why would a company use the Arduino  trademarks and everything, when it's not a standard-issue one?
It's because the pre-made PCBs are available online to buy. (Mainly from eBay, as my completely unscientific research has found.)

*I'm reluctant to use the terms "Fake" and "Proper", as the platform itself is open-source.

martyb123

are thanks for the replies  this board pcb is stamped with arduino so that explains  how the clone builders  have done it, cunning little chinese  main thing at least this one actually works so the  dead one  can now  be powerd  up  via this  one in order to find out whether the chip is good on the dead one

cmiyc

this board pcb is stamped with arduino so that explains  how the clone builders  have done it,

It isn't much of a mystery.  The pcb file is available on Arduino.cc.  Doesn't take much to download it and make one.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

sahz

hi i just bought an arduino uno and i am new to this. the yellow led on my board keeps on blinking, can tell anyone tell me how to stop it

johnwasser

hi i just bought an arduino uno and i am new to this. the yellow led on my board keeps on blinking, can tell anyone tell me how to stop it

Upload this sketch:
Code: [Select]

void setup() {}
void loop() {}
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up