Go Down

Topic: Newb in trouble with GP1A57HRJ00F photo interrupter (Read 6173 times) previous topic - next topic

kingkong123

Hi guys,

I bought a GP1A57HRJ00F photo interrupter (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9299) and now I want to connect it to my Arduino, but my problem is that I didn't buy the breakout board (BOB-09322 (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9322)) which makes it hard for me to figure out how to connect this the right way to the arduino since I can't read data sheets, and I kind of need till Monday for a small project. So if one of you has one of these and maybe could show me a picture of how you connected it on a breadboard and to the Arduino, something very simple,I will be very thankful, as I am an amateur at this… 

Best regards,
KingKong123

Grumpy_Mike

Pin    Connection
1        Ground
2       220R resistor -> +5V
3        +5V
4       Arduino input
5      Ground

kingkong123

Thank you Grumpy_Mike,

Seems simple enough..

Best regards,
Kingkong123

prismspecs

runaway_pancake

Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 pm Last Edit: Feb 12, 2013, 10:46 pm by Runaway Pancake Reason: 1
two guys working on the same thing today
what are the possibilities?

> > > Oh...  the pins don't match the drawing -- you have to look at the physical drawing (same page, further down)
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
When all else fails, check your wiring!

takuboku

Well, I am so new to the world of Arduino, but I have a very specific project I would like to accomplish.

I would like to count the number of air bubbles as they go up the glass tubing filled with water.   My friend suggested me to use GP1A57HRJ00F as a sensor by placing the air bubble tube between the emitter and detector in the space of 10mm.

The frequency of the air bubble going up the tube is one to a few in a second. 

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions in regard to the use of this sensor in particular, or any other approach to accomplish the ultimate goal.

I would not like to reinvent the wheel if someone in the Aruduino community has already done the similar work.

Thanks,
Takuboku

Grumpy_Mike

Can't see why it would not work if the center of the tube can be placed in the center of the emitter/ detector path.
You will probably get two pulses per bubble.

Go Up