Go Down

Topic: Reactive Piano LED Strip (Read 5463 times) previous topic - next topic

SchnoppDog

Oct 17, 2018, 07:57 am Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018, 08:01 am by SchnoppDog
I've searched in the internet for some components I might need. What do you think are they compatible and good for doing the project?

(And the rest would be resistors, capacitor, and so on)

I have an 9V Adapter at home for powering the Arduino and the LED Strip over the breadboard Barrel Jack

Quote from: vibhu18
There's another approach, what about controlling the LEDs with the pitch of the sound.
It would be an Idea. The problem is that I do not want to play all the time with sound coming from my inbuild speakers. I mostly play over Headset and I don't think that this would work.

Grumpy_Mike

Oct 17, 2018, 11:01 am Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018, 11:01 am by Grumpy_Mike
And this for power supply for LED Strip and Arduino: DC Barrel Jack
This would be better:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/2-1mm-Jack-Adaptor-Screw-Terminals/dp/B002LFNIWO

I would go with the Adafruit USB host shield.

SchnoppDog

Quote from: Grumpy_Mike
This would be better:-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/2-1mm-Jack-Adaptor-Screw-Terminals/dp/B002LFNIWO
Could you tell me why this would be better?

Quote from: Grumpy_Mike
I would go with the Adafruit USB host shield.
If I search for the "Adafruit USB host shield" I only get resulsts of their USB host shield library, but not as a Hardware. Is it the library you want to mention or an actual USB host shield board? If the second is true then I don't find any.

Grumpy_Mike

Could you tell me why this would be better?
Because there would be no soldering and the connections would be less likely to cause a short in handling the wires.

The Adafruit link you posted redirects back to the official Arduino host shield. There are various problems with incorrect circuit tracks, at least on the earlier Spark Fun ones, like the one I have.

LimitedToNothing

Did u make it? If not i got code made for it I can give you if u want it. Or even if u did message me discord the torrent#5588 maybe we can trade code and expand our light patterns.

SchnoppDog

May 09, 2019, 08:59 am Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:08 am by SchnoppDog
Did u make it?
No. In the end I got several components I wanted to use:
  • a USB-Host Shield for Arduino Rev3
  • a USB-to-Host cable for my Piano
  • a Dotstar 144 leds/m

I asked some of the piano players on youtube and (obviously) never got an answer from them.
I tested some example codes which come with some libraries I tried out to catch the incoming midi from my piano without a result.
At some point I stopped trying and paused that project.

It would be nice if I had a chance just to have a glance on your code. How did you do that? What did you use to make it work?

Pure1108

Did you manage to get this functioning ?

SchnoppDog

Did you manage to get this functioning ?
I never got his code and currently I am busy so I can't do something with arduino at the moment. But I think I will try it some other time.

Go Up