STM32F4

Wanderson great links thanks

westfw:

typedef struct ArbitraryName{

Hours_Spent;                         
        Hairs_Pulled_Out; 
}

No semicolon; perhaps the defined type name is on a subsequent line.
Without a name, gcc gives me a warning:
"foo.c:3: warning: useless storage class specifier in empty declaration"
(It still defines "struct ArbitraryName"...)

Sorry mate, that code doesn't make sense I must of made a mistake when I copied it!

Docedison:
Wow what a Bunch of GOOD STUFF!. I own an STM32 Eval kit (bought it for $14.+ from Newark at the same time I paid for my Raspberry Pi) and frankly it scared the Hell out of me. I am comfortable with ANY phase of electronics but know perhaps enough to engrave legibly on the head of a small pin, my total knowledge of 'C' and reading this thread has caused me to want to re-evaluate that board... Just as soon as I can find time... or a roundtoit... either one will work just fine... IMO...

Doc

The board is an amazing piece of kit, I am not very good with the C language myself but I know far more than I did two weeks ago just think how much I could know in two months!

UnaClocker:
It's a shame it's not as simple as simply adapting the Arduino environment/compiler to work on the STM32 boards.. I got the F4 back when it was free, and recently scored an F0 freebie as well.

Its in no way as simple as the Arduino IDE and will never be, however the added complexity offers many advantages to whats possible

Its actually not that bad if I can do it anyone can, get Attolic and it has a good embedded C project template it takes a couple of days to get familiar with that

I will write a template program tonight if anyones interested, just a simple blinky program and by using the STLink debugger we can single step through and really see what happens, in essence its just a load of 1 and 0's that need to be written to certain registers

I personally love the stm32f4