rgb driver

I've been looking at the ON Semiconductor rgb driver #NCP5623. It appears to do many things. That being said does anyone know where it can be bought in small lots? Digikey and Mouser both sell them by the reel. Graybeard

It provide 32 brightness steps per color, and a way to fade all the LEDs to on or off at the same time. That's all it really does...and it has one hardcoded I2C address.

just one RGB led per IC is not interesting, is it ?

It would be interesting if you could control more than one of these chips from a single I2C bus...however, since the chip has one hardcoded address, you would need a separate I2C bus for each LED.

however, since the chip has one hardcoded address, you would need a separate I2C bus for each LED.

No all you need to do is to switch the I2C data line through an analogue switch, such as a 4066, to direct it to the device you want. The clocks can all be commoned up. In that way you can have as many devices as you like on the same address.

Hi,

I've been looking at the ON Semiconductor rgb driver #NCP5623. It appears to do many things. Graybeard

If that one caught your attention, you'll love this one : BlinkM — ThingM
Just takes out the fun of etching PCBs and trying to get the hardware-parts from various suppliers :slight_smile:
But there is still a bit of wiring to do ...

Eberhard

Thanks for your help. Here comes the however - My question was where can I get a few ON NCP5623s? A reel of the devices is a budget buster as well as a bench clutterer. Graybeard

When you're up to your a** in alligators, it's hard to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp.

Hi,
http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/locateSalesSupport.do
quite a few to choose from. (Digikey is also mentioned the bottom of the page )
Eberhard

hey, I have been trying to use ncp5623 for a project but I'm getting nack when I try to send the device address and am not able to get it to work. Did you finally get around to using it and could you help me?