Go Down

Topic: Help identifying and correcting avrdude errors during uploading to Mega (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

DavidE8

I am attempting to build a baseball scoreboard for my grandson's ball team, and would like some assistance with the avrdude errors I am getting.  I am modifying a sketch I got from the wikispaces website for IR Remote control of LEDs.  The sketch looks promising.  I replaced the IR codes with those from my remote and I get the following when I attempt to download to a new 2560 Mega:  avrdude: stk500v2_recv(); checksum error (I am getting several lines with this and one with timeout error).  I am also getting: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1d3f, on the next line: 0xc0 ! = 0x02.  And the final line has:  avrdude: verification error: content mismatch.
I am a novice with the coding and would appreciate any help offered.

dmjlambert

I have seen cases where people have 3 exclamation points in a row in their code, and it causes uploading problems.   Do you have !!! somewhere in your sketch?

Are you able to upload other sketches to your Mega board?

jurs

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1d3f, on the next line: 0xc0 ! = 0x02.  And the final line has:  avrdude: verification error: content mismatch.
I am a novice with the coding and would appreciate any help offered.
Verification error while serial uploading via Arduino bootloader?
Did you try rebooting the PC before trying to upload the sketch?
Did you try with a different USB cable?

DrAzzy

Can you post the full text of the errors you get? There are lots of errors with different causes that look very similar - so you should always post the full text of any and all error messages (this applies to all manner of computer problems, not just Arduino)

I have seen cases where people have 3 exclamation points in a row in their code, and it causes uploading problems.   Do you have !!! somewhere in your sketch?

Are you able to upload other sketches to your Mega board?

That causes a different error, I think...
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

johnwasser

checksum error
 timeout error
verification error
These sound like communications errors.  Are there any wires connected to Pin 0 or Pin 1?  Does it work if you remove everything but the USB cable?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up