what about debugging?

JimboZA:
Professionals need better tools than amateurs like 16yo schoolgirls, since they have time constraints and get paid to make stuff quickly and cleanly (not quickly and dirty 8) ).

I smiled when I read that, because the implication is that, somehow, if you pay for something you get a better product.

I have some software running on my Mac (I'm not going to name it because the exact product isn't relevant) which I find doesn't do exactly what I want, or if it does, I don't understand how to make it do it. I paid good money for this, so I expect professional support.

I joined their forum, and posted a polite message describing my problem, and asking for a solution. On July 3rd 2012. That's a week ago. Not a single response. Nothing.

Meanwhile, on this forum here, for the "free" software, you generally get a response within an hour, if not 10 minutes.

And as for "dirty" ... I have stuff running here (on the Arduino) in this house. It runs for months without rebooting. It works, and works perfectly. I would not characterize it as "dirty".