Go Down

Topic: xbee shield problem? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Jagwa

Hi,

My setup is as follows,

I have a xbee on a usb explorer board connected to the pc via usb. Lets call this xbee1.
I have another xbee on a xbee shield which is sitting on an arduino uno.Lets call this xbee2.

I can get the xbee1 to send values to xbee2 perfectly.

The problem is that it does not work the other way around. The tx pin on the arduino uno is flashing on and off as im writing the data but the tx pin on the xbee shield stays off. I have even switched the xbees and the same thing occurs.I have also made sure that the shield jumper is set to micro as apposed to usb. I can only communicate in the one direcction. This is really confusing me. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Jagwa

Thinking about it, it is one of two things, either the usb explorer is not receiving or the arduino xbee is not transmitting. Any way of checking this?

PaulS

I have a xbee on a usb explorer board connected to the pc via usb. Lets call this xbee1.

Let's see a link to the XBee.

I have another xbee on a xbee shield which is sitting on an arduino uno.Lets call this xbee2.

Let's see a link to the XBee and to the shield.

I can only communicate in the one direcction.

This could be a configuration issue. How are the mysterious XBees configured?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Jagwa

PaulS

Managed to sort it out.

It would be nice if you explained what the problem was, and how you solved it. There are an awful lot of XBee questions posted. Perhaps your experience can help someone else.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

smeezekitty

Managed to sort it out.

It would be nice if you explained what the problem was, and how you solved it. There are an awful lot of XBee questions posted. Perhaps your experience can help someone else.

I agree. XBees can be quite finicky and posting the solution helps others.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Go Up