Go Down

Topic: Need Help : avrdude stk500_getsync() not in sync resp=0x00 (Read 18723 times) previous topic - next topic

placidus_69

Hi Team,
I am a newbie at arduino and trying to program an Arduino Pro Mini.
For some reason it dosent seems to be working.I use PL2303 USB2.0 to RS232 TTL to upload the sketch on Windows 7 -32 bit and i get an error post uploding .

Error :avrdude stk500_getsync() not in sync resp=0x00

The-Crusher

Have you choosed the rigth serial port and right board in the Arduino software?

Foolios

Do you have something plugged into the vcc and ground headers of the arduino? If so, take the wires out of the headers, and then try to re-upload your sketch.

helipla88

Hi

I have the same problem with my Arduino Mini. I connected it via USB 2 Serial Convertor and had the same error.
:(
I am also open for help.

thx :)

thinusbothma

Got the same on the UNO: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30  :0

helipla88

Jul 26, 2012, 08:28 pm Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012, 09:37 pm by helipla88 Reason: 1
After about 7 hours of scanning the internet and trying to upload the "Blink" on my Mini via the USB 2 Srial device, i found out, whats wrong.
I put:
GND - GND
5V   -  5V
RX   -  TX
TX   -  RX
Reset  - Reset   (put a 100 nF Capacitor between this two Resets!!!!)

The Capacitor was my Key!

What is also important for me is to use the Version arduino-1.0.1! With the older one it dont works.

msf_13

complete newbie here and second time I had the synch problem (cldn't upload simple blink to mini 05)

my problem was that I installed a wireless mouse and it was using the COM port i was using for the upload.  Once I changed my COM port (which took me forever to think about that ... thanks for the note from above :-) ) it works fine.

Now my big question ... I am using mini USB-serial breakout board, it works now but it doesn't make sense that I have wired Tx-Tx and Rx-Rx, instead I would have thought I would wire Tx-Rx and Rx-Tx, even though it works I am curiosu what I am missing from my electronics 101 limited knowledge

Foolios

GoblinAlchemist

Hi all,
Just registered here to ask the question and immediately solved it myself, thanks helipla88:

Reset  - Reset   (put a 100 nF Capacitor between this two Resets!!!!)

For the case if anyone wants to do the same as me:

Connecting an Arduino Pro Mini 328 / 5V via the DFRobot USB to TTL Converter (CP210 / TEL0010)

I bought the DFRobot APC220 Radio Communication Module, the package contains two identical radio modules and one USB/TTL converter. This converter can also be used to connect an Arduino Pro Mini to the computer, although with some additional wiring.

The pins on this USB converter don't correspond one-to-one to the Arduino six-pin end, so the correspondence is as follows:

• DFRobot GND - Arduino GND. Standard USB connectors appear to connect GND to Arduino's BLK pin, I don't know what it means.

• DFRobot 5V - Arduino VCC. This is the power supply.

• DFRobot TXD - Arduino RXI.

• DFRobot RXD - Arduino TXI. This was a bit of confusion to me until I learned that TX and RX stand for Transmit and Receive and should be connected criss-cross.

• DFRobot RTS - 100 nF capacitor - Arduino RST. RTS stands for "Ready To Send"; some other USB converters use the abbreviation DTR (Data Terminal Ready) for the same. A 100-nanofarad capacitor is marked by "104x" where X is a letter, for example, mine has 104M which means: "10" and 4 more zeros, it's the capacitance in picofarads, M indicates tolerance ±20%.

Connecting the devices this way, I'm able to upload the program to Arduino without having to press the Reset button myself.

retrolefty

Now my big question ... I am using mini USB-serial breakout board, it works now but it doesn't make sense that I have wired Tx-Tx and Rx-Rx, instead I would have thought I would wire Tx-Rx and Rx-Tx, even though it works I am curiosu what I am missing from my electronics 101 limited knowledge

That is because in the serial world there is not agreed standard on if a given serial signal is an input signal or an output signal. A signal called TX is wired between two modules such that one side is an output signal and the other is an input signal, the same applied to a signal named Rx. But on any given module the name Tx or Rx doesn't tell you if it's an input pin or an output pin. The Atmel folks on their AVR chips defines the serial input pin as Rx and it's serial output pin as Tx. Your specific USB serial device is naming it's Tx signal as an input pin needing to be wired to a serial output pin, and it's named Rx signal is an output signal needing to be wired to a input pin.

So it can be confusing because of none standard naming convention, but basically it boils down to the electrical requirement rules, and output pin on one module must wire to a input pin on the other device for both serial signals. Wiring two output pins to each other can destroy either or both devices and wiring two input pins is not destructive but passed no information.

So it's easy to tell which pin is an input and output serial signal on a arduino because it's documented, pin 0 is an input pin and pin1 is an output pin, but one can't assume that any specific USB serial module uses the same naming, so you have to try and figure out from it's datasheet if a given serial pin on the module is an input pin or output pin regardless of what they name the pin.

That make sense?

Lefty

Spaceman88

hello
I managed to transmit the sketch with a PL2303 module with only 4 wires :
5V-------VCC
GND-----GND
TXD------RXI
RXD------TX0

first compile your sketch
then press Reset button on the board and keep it pressed
then launch the transmit and release the reset button after 1 second

no more error!

RydaPeelBack

i am a complete newbie to C and the arduino.  i am getting the same error code and i am useing an UNO and XP.  i looked and could not find any one with that combination and i tried all the simple trouble shooting checking board type and serial and com ports.   any help would be great i have bought lik50 dif sensors and motors and displays so any help would be very helpful.....thanks for your time

nikorun

A really big thanks to all of you, and sepcialy to @spaceman88 who helped me to make it run with a simple PL2303 module (without DTR pin).

Bye

crazypj

After about 7 hours of scanning the internet and trying to upload the "Blink" on my Mini via the USB 2 Srial device, i found out, whats wrong.
I put:
GND - GND
5V   -  5V
RX   -  TX
TX   -  RX

What is also important for me is to use the Version arduino-1.0.1! With the older one it dont works.

Fantastic.   8)  :D
Spent way too long before I did search and even then there seem to be a lot of people using the PL-2303 without success.
I only have  4 wires out from USB adapter so used re-set button
As soon as I switched the TX and RX pins, it worked (on the first attempt  8)
I changed the 'Blink' timing to make sure it wasn't using default
Thanks for the reminder to swap wires over, I had read about it in some completely different. article but never even considered doing it until I read what you had done
I'm going to try changing sketch using the Uno R3 next

roizano

I put:
GND - GND
5V   -  5V
RX   -  TX
TX   -  RX

Fantastic.   8)  :D
Spent way too long before I did search and even then there seem to be a lot of people using the PL-2303 without success.
I only have  4 wires out from USB adapter so used re-set button
As soon as I switched the TX and RX pins, it worked (on the first attempt  8)
I changed the 'Blink' timing to make sure it wasn't using default
Thanks for the reminder to swap wires over, I had read about it in some completely different. article but never even considered doing it until I read what you had done
I'm going to try changing sketch using the Uno R3 next

Hi,
What did you mean by re-set button?
I got the same issue ... I got 4 wire usb to RS232 (TXRX)
-VCC
-GND
-TX
-RX
where i need to configure the re-set button?
Thanks!

Go Up