Go Down

Topic: "Easy" Question Tiny2313 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

fenix8k

Hi :D i have a question that i can't figure out iread the datasheet, i whant to knaw if Tiny2313 has Analog input i look around the web and i found ppl that say no it don't have ADC in the datasheet dont say nothing about ADC, but in this page says it have 1 adc "http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=Freaks%20Devices&func=displayDev&objectid=75"

in the datasheed pin pb0 and pb1 are AIN0,ANI1 (dont knaw what this mean) but in the page 54 it says it is an analog comparator! xD that mean they are analog input? i can use it?

Help me plz and finish the war for analog input on tiny2313 :P

Bye and thx :D

Erni

The Attiny 2313, do not have an ADC.
You can see Coding Badly's comparison of the tiny family here:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,106069.msg797316.html#msg797316

fenix8k

Thx for the Reply, u can tell me why the datasheet says this?

"AIN1/PCINT1 - Port B, Bit 1
AIN1: Analog Comparator Negative input. Configure the port pin as input with the internal
pull-up switched off to avoid the digital port function from interfering with the function
of the analog comparator.
PCINT1: Pin Change Interrupt Source 1. The PB1 pin can serve as an external interrupt
source.
• AIN0/PCINT0 - Port B, Bit 0
AIN0: Analog Comparator Positive input. Configure the port pin as input with the internal
pull-up switched off to avoid the digital port function from interfering with the function of
the Analog Comparator.
PCINT0: Pin Change Interrupt Source 0. The PB0 pin can serve as an external interrupt
source."

i read all says there is not ann analog input on x313 family but why the data sheet says that? may be i m understanding wrong?

Tom Carpenter

Jul 27, 2012, 07:33 pm Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012, 07:35 pm by Tom Carpenter Reason: 1
"Analog Comparator", not "Analog to digital converter". They are two different things all together.

An ADC converts an analog voltage to a number.

An Analog Comparator says, if the + input is greater than the - input, output is a 1. If the - input is greater than the + input, the output is a 0.
~Tom~

fenix8k

thx :D i have to buy a 328 i think :P

Go Up