HELP ME WITH DESIGN Eagle file - my first proyect

ok, let me try... is the first time i use eagle.. for this reason ask for some disingner....

i use the this PIR http://www.ebay.es/itm/170842963267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1635wt_1180

and the power for the moment is the USB power but i want add POE or a rechargable solar batery.... i need study this part.

Regards

Okay, with that PIR you may as well make room on your board to attach the PIR board, or just use connector pins to plug the PIR cable onto.

Thanks... i will try to desing the schematic..

I'm trying to make the schematic with eagle but i am lost.. i dont know the element the i need for create the board...

I did the prototype in FRITZING is to simple... i acept improvements :wink:

ahhh remenber that the infrared sensor is not a realy infrared... is a PIR SENSOR is just that in Fritzing is not the PIR sensor

i attach too the schematic that Fritzing generate...

I want make the schematic correctly... with only the things that i use...... I am grateful if someone can help me do it.

Big Thanks!!

Sulivan22:
I'm trying to make the schematic with eagle but i am lost.. i dont know the element the i need for create the board...

Eagle files for the boards are listed with those boards on the hardware page of this site. Assuming your plan is to design a custom Arduino with ethernet and PIR then you can start from the Uno and start adding/moving/removing components.

yes, that is what i want.... i thinks is better the arduino ethernet and modify/remove or add the components that i need. but that is my problem.... here i am lost.. i dont know whats remove or how add. :frowning:

Add the ATMega328; only requires a few components - uC, xtal, 2x 22pf caps, 4x 100nF caps, 10k resistor, small diode.
ICSP header pins for downloading bootloader if needed, USB/Serial header pins for down loading sketches, or adding USB connectivity out to a PC while debugging.
Basically the parts that make up a Promini with the 2 sets of header pins for programming.

I am trying to desing the schematic... I will tell you something

Thanks you very much

i have the following schematic.

I modified the arduino ethernet removing all components unnecessaries. only need to add the PIR sensor.

is good way to to get what I want?

Take a look at this, it is what you need minus the PIR. Arduino Ethernet w/o PoE - DEV-11229 - SparkFun Electronics

Looking at the Arduino ethernet schematic, I'm thinking yes.

hello, cyclegadget

Yes, i know that. my prototype is over this board... but i want make my own board only using the necessary componentes that arduino ethernet have...

The schematic that i put in my last post is a modification of Arduino Ethernet board.

CrossRoads. i am in a good way??? good!!!! Now i will add the PIR sensor etc etc..

Thanks

Yes, you have a good starting point.

Hi..

I think i removed all componets unnecessary.

Please, can you check the Schematic and tell me if i can removed more component unnecessary?

can i do the board with this componentes?

If you've decided what crystal you are using, you can delete 2 of Q1, Q2, Q3.
Check the pinouts on J1 - looks like its set up to accept an FTDI Basic or similar - make sure Tx on whatever that device is goes to Rx on the '328.
The '328 you have shown is the leadless part. You will need to bring its Reset, SCK, MOSI, MISO, +5, GND out to a 6 pin header so you can download a bootloader (or a sketch with no bootloaded) into it.
You will not be using a crystal on the '328? I think you will have better results with high speed communications (such as SPI) if you use a 16 MHz crystal/22 pF caps with it. You can always not install it later, but it will be hard to add one if you don't have room for it at the start. You can use a small surface mount part if you want:

I think there's an existing library symbol for this part.

You have several signals that end in LED - where these intended to drive LEDs that show status or something?

When you think you're all set, run the eagle Design check (bottom left button on the left hand menu bar) to help identify things that look connected but may not be.

umm thanks this is a littler hard for me. i am using the same components that the Arduino Ethernet Board the crystal is the same and the J1 is the same FTDI Basic that the Ardu Eht board.

i want the power through POE... can i download the scketch through FTDI ?

attached the schematic eagle file and the arduino ethernet board eagle file too..

thanks for your help

schematic.sch (1.03 MB)

Arduino_Eth08d_MU.sch (413 KB)

You can leave off the ethernet connection while downloading sketches via the FTDI port (J1).
If you are using an FTDI Basic, connect pin 2 to GND also.

Your J1 pinout looks good to mate with this after you connect pin2 - it is an input to the FTDI Basic.

I can't see the eagle files from here, will check at home.

Yes, I have this FTDI

http://store.arduino.cc/eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_12&products_id=143

Thanks

finally i have this schematic.. i removed the unnecessary elements.

Can you please tell me if this schematic is ok? or i need to remove more thing unnecessary ? or add something else?

Thanks

i attached a foto from the prototype too