Need help finding a silent switch!

I need a switch like this:

But I need it to be silent. All I've found have a distinct click, which is rather loud (the switch is to be used in a piece of a musical instrument [it's pedals to be specific]).

Any thoughts will help, and all help is very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

we use silent microswitches for our digital piano pedals .. but there is no marking on the switches besides GAE 8

pic:

http://www.cheesefactory.us/filecenter/DSCN0652.jpg

If you have a link to the specific part it'd be awesome!

I desperatly need 27 of those :slight_smile:

Anyways, thank you! Not I know there are silent switches out there. Are they like the image BTW?

that is a image of our digital piano pedal switches (im still at work and they gave me a camera, the fools!)

I have no idea what the part number is as they come as an assembly from a company called n-code (which you wont find anywhere online) but the good news is that they are coming from east of you Europe so its not some funky custom made thing only found in the states

otherwise another common practice is to use reed switches and magnets

I must've missed the photo :slight_smile:

Those switches look exactly like what I need!
Reed switches is a possibility, but I would prefer switches :slight_smile:

Thank you, again.

Another option may be that type of switch where there is a rubber dome and inside a conductive pad which connects traces on a pcb.

I have a cheap electronic drum thingy that uses a flat piece of metal bent into a u shape with one of those buttons inside, for the kick and hihat pedals. Works pretty well, and it's silent.

Another option may be that type of switch where there is a rubber dome and inside a conductive pad which connects traces on a pcb.

A lot of PC keyboards are made that way, with one molded rubber sheet inside for all the keys. Find a dead keyboard, and you can cut up the sheet to make dozens of switches.

will it be used vertically? you could mount a mercury switch on a lever.