Go Down

Topic: Isolating motor feedback from Arduino?? (speaker) (Read 7181 times) previous topic - next topic

xl97

sounds good!.. lol

I would split the recording and playing into separate libs.. (to keep things small for those that dont require that aspect)..

very similar to the WaveHC and WaveRP libs..

I'll have to read up more about this:  dsPIC33FJ128GP802

majenko

sounds good!.. lol

I would split the recording and playing into separate libs.. (to keep things small for those that dont require that aspect)..

very similar to the WaveHC and WaveRP libs..

I'll have to read up more about this:  dsPIC33FJ128GP802

No need - the Arduino side of it is incredibly small and lightweight.  It just sends some SPI commands to the shield to tell it what to do.  Thinks like play, stop, etc.  The Arduino doesn't even need to know what a wave file is.

xl97

ahh.. thats right.. you using another chip to do all the leg work (I forgot)..
its just a PIC chip you are using?

dsPIC33FJ128GP802?

(havent googled it yet)

also are you focusing on making a SHIELD? or an 'all-in-one' type board?  with Arduino/SD/Audio components all onboard?

for myself.. I needed a super small footprint, so I had to make everything SMD.. and merge the two boards so I dint have an Arduino & shield stacked on top....etc..

alot of fun for me.. first time with stencil, solder paste, Eagle.. and a toaster oven!  lol

majenko

ahh.. thats right.. you using another chip to do all the leg work (I forgot)..
its just a PIC chip you are using?

dsPIC33FJ128GP802?

(havent googled it yet)

Yep, it's a PIC - but not "just" a PIC.   One with a built in 16-bit audio DAC, and a Digital Signal Processor.

also are you focusing on making a SHIELD? or an 'all-in-one' type board?  with Arduino/SD/Audio components all onboard?

Yes, a shield is what I am making.  Of course, the PIC firmware will be open source, so you could theoretically run it without even having an Arduino if you wanted.

for myself.. I needed a super small footprint, so I had to make everything SMD.. and merge the two boards so I dint have an Arduino & shield stacked on top....etc..

alot of fun for me.. first time with stencil, solder paste, Eagle.. and a toaster oven!  lol

Yep, that's what I have here ;)  I call mine the "Hot Tamale".

majenko

Aug 20, 2012, 01:52 am Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 01:54 am by majenko Reason: 1
Well, I think we can call this thread well and truly hijacked now ;)

Anyway,

Here's my first prototype of my WavePro Shield:

I must say, it's sounding nice.  There's a bit of hiss from the DAC (it's not a wonderful DAC in this chip, but it's good enough), and some slight buzz from the SPI comms (I haven't yet been able to suppress it - I think it might be inside the chip), but it's a darn sight better than the old Wave Shield.

It plays mono or stereo WAV files at 8,000Hz, 11,025Hz, 16,000Hz, 22,050Hz, 32,000Hz, 44,100Hz and 48,000Hz.  It can also just about cope with mono at 96,000Hz, but not well.

My next job I think is to try and get some form of recording working.

Go Up