Go Down

Topic: help with ArduinoBot (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

fisherprice92

im pretty new to arduino, so far iv'e experimented with the basics, LEDs, servos, analog inputs even the odd LCD display! *proud of myself :D*. Now i want to move on to my first propper project, and i thought a simple robot would be fun.
      for a drive system i thought continuous rotation servos would be easier to use than DC motors as i wouldent have to use a motor controller. and in terms of sensors im gona start with the sharp IR range sensors.

Q's:

1. are continuous rotation servos compatable with the standard servo      library?

2. i looked at the spec sheets for the IR range finders, they say the output voltage is -0.3 to 0.3, this seemed kinda low to me, will i just be able to use the analogRed() function with this sensor? here is the spec sheet (i will post the link below)

all other sugestions will be apriciated!

thanks!

fisherprice92

http://www.active-robots.com/products/sensors/sharp/gp2d12_15.pdf

fisherprice92

help a noob in need?... please :)

trialex

[1] yep standard library - the larger the position signal the faster it rotates.

[2] I haven't played with these sensors, but I think you are reading the datasheet worng - it's not a range of -0.3 to +0.3, it's a range of -0.3 to (Vsupply+0.3)

fisherprice92

that would make more sence :P

Go Up