Karma is back

retrolefty:
Got it, and karma back to you. Heard a rumor that those getting to 100 karma get a free Arduino Due?

Txs 8)
I can confirm the rumor (is actually a rumor).
]:smiley:
Jantje

Why bother?
What good does it do?

AWOL:
Why bother?
What good does it do?

What good does "I like you" do? I Like You [animation] - YouTube
My brains say nothing but I can't help smiling when I hear him say "I like you".

I like you
Jantje

Karma = mutual admiration society?

Well, I hope it does something useful.

nothing at all :stuck_out_tongue:

Constantin:

So it is the same as LinkedIn?

Constantin:

Hey, that's the reason people get a LinkedIn account... :wink:

OK, so you just made my day. Thanks! :slight_smile:

And there I thought LinkedIn was useful... until I got hammered by their latest 'offer' to fork over gobs of cash just to connect with people I already know. Weird business model.

Oh, and I have Karma. Yay!

Oh, no! Not Karma again! What does it mean?

How do you get it? Some people have a green + next to theirs, I don't.

If it's some sort of "I love you" thing I will probably rate pretty low these days because I keep moving posts around and demanding that people supply more information. Oh yeah, and post their error messages. And their circuits.

Oh I see. The "+" is an "applaud" button. Ach. And what if someone is a nuisance? Is there a "piss off" button?

You don't see a cross against your own name, so you can't give yourself Karma.

Is there a "piss off" button?

That wouldn't be politically correct. We can only give positive reinforcement messages.

"We can only give positive reinforcement messages. "
Yeah, like "I'm positive you need to post your code if you want help!" 8)

dxw00d:
That wouldn't be politically correct. We can only give positive reinforcement messages.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, surely there can't be Good, without Evil?

Nah, just bad moderator, worse moderator!

Off to bed ...

Good point. They need a "complain about this moderator" button. Enough people would want to use it. :wink:

Oh, it does. On another forum, it helped weed out the know-it-all users who didn't.

edit: Those users will not like this at all. Too bad. To put it in computer programming terms:
lots of posts != lots of help

I think that would be a great idea only if.... it costs a major amount of karma for each complaint and you can't go negative in karma.
The advantages are :
Newbies can't complain about moderators as they do not yet have karma. Basically give them the message "learn the forum before complaining"
Complainers will run out of karma soon.
People with little karma (who care) may think twice.

I think this is something to think about.

Best regards
Jantje

Ps to stay positive:
[EDIT]
Image is sourced from http://despair.com. For those with a sense of humor and need a laugh; watch the video's http://spin.despair.com/video/

I talked to dcuartielles yesterday, and told me they had a new webmaster, but he shouldn't had turned on karma, so it might go away in any moment.

chiva:
I talked to dcuartielles yesterday, and told me they had a new webmaster, but he shouldn't had turned on karma, so it might go away in any moment.

Oh crap. Now we go back to guessing who knows what? Only know-it-alls who don't will not like karma.

edit: The other forum I frequent has administrators and moderators excluded from karma. Only regular members can get karma. That way you moderators do not have to sweat this like some seem to be doing.

What - me worry?

@CrossRoads: I didn't think you would be worried, and you shouldn't. I don't think any moderator here has anything to worry about with karma. The moderators here are normally very helpful, but they should be.

I think it is a good idea to exclude administrators and moderators from karma. Their jobs are to administrate and moderate.

Just my opinion.