Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.0.1 causes Mac OS X to crash regularly. Ideas? (Read 73239 times) previous topic - next topic

spicetraders

I would first like to say I almost skipped reading this post with the Subject showing Arduino 1.0.1, as I have no need for the older version.  Add to that the fact I have seen no issues on my MAC desktop.

So reading just to satisfy curiosity, I am glad I did as I was contemplating buying a MACBook Pro or Air so I could move my projects off my MAC computer desk to the work bench. 

If  read correctly in the post it seems the issues are more with MACBook then OS X?

Is this issue still occurring?

Would a re-posting of the subject to reflect Arduino IDE causes MACBook vs OS X crashes open up the subject to more users with issues?

Again I am in the mode to purchase a new or used MACBook Pro or Air for the bench, so do not want to get headaches if the issue lay in a specific hardware frame.

darvade

Hi,

Is it a solution to this issue to this very annoying issue?

My MAC version is 10.9.5 (I had no problem before upgrading to Mavericks) and I am using Arduino IDE 1.06.

The crash occurs randomly (after few minutes or after few hours).

It looks that it has nothing to do with the FTDI driver (I did the update), the crash occurs while editing a sketch, not loading the image.

Robert

CyberReefGuru

Aug 24, 2015, 04:22 am Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 04:22 am by CyberReefGuru
I'm on Mac OS X 10.10 and FTDI 2.3 and I get random crashes, usually when I'm unplugging the board (three times today!).  It started when I upgraded to 10.10, but in all honesty, I may have loaded the driver around the same time.  Arduino would not "see" my red board without adding the driver, whereas a Uno worked fine. All the badness started after adding the drivers  - never had a crash before in 3 years on this machine.

MBP Mid-2012, Retina.

Any fix to this?

-Tom

Go Up