Billie's Hydroponic Controller

Is there some code that you can include to sense whether it is marijuana that is being cultivated and then disable the watering if this is the case? My concern is that this could fall into the hands of druggies.

pH değeri ölmek için bir sensör kullanılmış ama suyun EC değerini nasıl kontrol ediyoruz? Bunun için herhangi bir sensör kullanılmıyor mu, internette analog ec meter diye bazı sensörler buldum ama gerek yok mu anlayamadım ?

So I got the freezing issue taken care of, but have been beating my head on the desk for a while now. The touch buttons do not do anything. I changed to the 1_1_0 version to no avail. All my libraries look up to date and correct, and it has no problem compiling. Thoughts?

Actually, The touch buttons do kind of function, but they are reversed, and are not on spot. Almost like they are not calibrated. I even tried plugging the TFT straight into the shield to account for any OE. Basically if I hit where the PH control button should be, it takes me to the Manual tank control. If I touch the manual tank button, it takes me to the ph control, and the up and down button don't function. Anyone possibly give me a few pointers?

well i read many about this project, its sounds really good, i think i understand all to star working, except how to connect the 3.2" TFT LCD Shield, anyone can help me with that please? Thank you so much!!!

arduino ide 1.6.7

C:\Users\Roman\Desktop\Hydroponic_Controller\Hydroponic_Controller.ino: In function 'void setup()':

Hydroponic_Controller:123: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

start_time = now.get();

^

C:\Users\Roman\Desktop\Hydroponic_Controller\Hydroponic_Controller.ino: In function 'void LightControl()':

Hydroponic_Controller:1548: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

seconds_for_this_cycle = now.get() - seconds_elapsed_total;

^

Hydroponic_Controller:1549: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

seconds_elapsed_total = now.get() - start_time;

^

exit status 1
'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

Thank you

So I hope someone is still lurking around watching this thread for new posts.

I have the latest sketch and all the parts. am getting an unspecified error

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Evan\Downloads\Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b\Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b.ino:38:62: fatal error: UTFT.h: No such file or directory

#include <UTFT.h> //16bit TFT screen library

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

hello, I solved the above compilation error by moving the libraries to the correct space.

this being said the compilation works fine but there is nothing that happens when the sketch is uploaded to the Mega.

I would like to just start by getting the PH sensor to output correct PH values to a serial terminal.
I don't exactly see how this is supposed to work when there is no #include(phidgits21.h) in the start code.
what library is this sketch using to utilize the PH phidgit sensor?
and if at all possible what lines in the sketch are seting the parameters?

thanks

havala4:
arduino ide 1.6.7

C:\Users\Roman\Desktop\Hydroponic_Controller\Hydroponic_Controller.ino: In function 'void setup()':

Hydroponic_Controller:123: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

start_time = now.get();

^

C:\Users\Roman\Desktop\Hydroponic_Controller\Hydroponic_Controller.ino: In function 'void LightControl()':

Hydroponic_Controller:1548: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

seconds_for_this_cycle = now.get() - seconds_elapsed_total;

^

Hydroponic_Controller:1549: error: 'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

seconds_elapsed_total = now.get() - start_time;

^

exit status 1
'class DateTime' has no member named 'get'

Thank you

So are you still interested in working with this. it seems no one is following up on this. it looks like it was outdated and other projects in the ether have become more relevant so I have decided to recode and wok with this. I will try and post to here but think I will start with a new build thread as I am not going to work this the same way as the original poster. this will be a lab grade ph adjustment controller. if you would like to work with me PM me and we can tsk parts of this build and work together.

Hi to all,

I have started by asking the simplest question.
How do I get these or similar items (shields and phidgets) to work just by them selves?

Going to start first with the pH Phidget 1130.
(Because it is the most important to me.)

So first thing. Phidgets are a little different in the way they report data back to the device.
I originally found good info about this here Phidgets and Arduino - Sensors - Arduino Forum
ill give a thanks to that user. (mapiram)

you will need the above info so look at it. I'm not gonna re write it because looking for information will strengthen your understanding in the end. so even though I have given you the place to look you still have to put a little effort in to get and understand the info.
your welcome.

Please make sure you understand how to utilize the Arduino before attempting a project. I like www.udemy.com courses but there are plenty of free resources out there. But remember when you pay for something you can expect support.

If you don't understand the other post ask and ill address your issue.

So back to the Phidgets pH 1130 and interfacing to your Arduino.

I stated by grabbing a set of jumper wires.

Red = 5v

Black = GND

White = Read (this will go on my A0 pin on my Mega)

I hooked my device through a bread board. When looking at the pics to ignore the wires I don't mention.

Wires

everone:
Hi to all,

I have started by asking the simplest question.
How do I get these or similar items (shields and phidgets) to work just by them selves?

Going to start first with the pH Phidget 1130.
(Because it is the most important to me.)

So first thing. Phidgets are a little different in the way they report data back to the device.
I originally found good info about this here Phidgets and Arduino - Sensors - Arduino Forum
ill give a thanks to that user. (mapiram)

you will need the above info so look at it. I'm not gonna re write it because looking for information will strengthen your understanding in the end. so even though I have given you the place to look you still have to put a little effort in to get and understand the info.
your welcome.

Please make sure you understand how to utilize the Arduino before attempting a project. I like www.udemy.com courses but there are plenty of free resources out there. But remember when you pay for something you can expect support.

If you don't understand the other post ask and ill address your issue.

So back to the Phidgets pH 1130 and interfacing to your Arduino.

I stated by grabbing a set of jumper wires.

Red = 5v

Black = GND

White = Read (this will go on my A0 pin on my Mega)

I hooked my device through a bread board. When looking at the pics to ignore the wires I don't mention.

Wires

Find more and continuing information on this in the Science and Measurement section of the arduino.cc fourms.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=391090.0

Does anyone have the updated code? or where to get it from along with the libraries? Thanks.

tfixa:
Does anyone have the updated code? or where to get it from along with the libraries? Thanks.

This looks to be out dated, the original author doesn't seem to be following the thread.
This is why I have began to rebuild the project.
If interested in working on it let me know. Also you can find current garden control systems on the Instructables Web site.
Good luck.

Hi Billie,

Any way you could repost the schematic and wiring photos? They don't seem to be loading.

Thanks!

Cory

everone:
hello, I solved the above compilation error by moving the libraries to the correct space.

this being said the compilation works fine but there is nothing that happens when the sketch is uploaded to the Mega.

I would like to just start by getting the PH sensor to output correct PH values to a serial terminal.
I don't exactly see how this is supposed to work when there is no #include(phidgits21.h) in the start code.
what library is this sketch using to utilize the PH phidgit sensor?
and if at all possible what lines in the sketch are seting the parameters?

thanks

@everone can you share the correct lib file that you used to compile this Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b.ino. thanks for any help.

I am new to Arduino but learning. I made some mods to the code and it compiles fine. I have all the libs. I would like to get T/H, PH, Light status, Lux etc. to console (serial.print). Where/ how do I add it? for testing purposes.

Does anyone has the schematic images? The photobucket links are not working.

Thanks

Does anyone has the schematic images?

Nice Project Billie until Now i am still trial your project to application on my Hydroponics and will post on http://123rom.me