Go Down

Topic: Any Comp. Sci grads out there? (Read 5399 times) previous topic - next topic

cowjam

I started a comp sci degree but dropped out twice.  The first time was because of debt, so I cleared it and went back.  However, they'd changed the course from c++ to java and that was enough to make me resit the entire first year.

I'd found it dull enough the first time round. We'd actually covered most of the syllabus (and more advanced programming techniques) at a-level and the prospect of doing the same thing for a third time surrounded by a bunch of stupid 18 year olds was more than I could take, so I dropped out again.

westfw

Nov 09, 2010, 10:07 pm Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010, 10:08 pm by westfw Reason: 1
the prospect of doing the same thing for a third time surrounded by a bunch of stupid 18 year olds was more than I could take

the true purpose of college, and looking at grades in particular, is to figure out which prospective employees are going to be willing to put up with all the stupid crap (and people) your company will throw at them...  "We don't just want the clever people, we want the people who are going to put up with our crap long enough to return the investment we'll need to put into finishing their training."

(I'd put a smiley here, but...  I don't think I'm kidding.  Much.)

AlphaBeta

(I'd put a quote here, but...  I don't think I need to.  Much.)
+1

Nachtwind

Started Comp Sci once but i didnt make it to the end since i wasnt that good at maths and theoretical computer science stuff (which is still something i find highly overfluent..)

But now i am into paleontology, muuuuuch better ,0)

Go Up