good source for ribbon cables w/connectors?

Anyone know a good source for ribbon cable type connectors?
I'm looking for a 16 pin single row, as well as a few others that I can find on ebay, but id rather get something sooner than 4-5 weeks

the connectors on ribbon cables are just squashed on, so you can get the cable, and the connector, use a bench vice or if small enough pliers to attach

I've bought connector ends before and all I found was like each wire individually crimp on ones that ended up being a pain to do and didn't work that well, that's why I think it'd be worth to just buy a whole cable
But where would I get those ur saying? I think I've seen them before, and actually reused one before too

You get these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-2-54mm-Pitch-Female-14-Pins-Flat-Cable-IDC-Socket-Connector-Black-/281021184180?
$3.79 for 10pcs (which comes to about $0.75 a pair)
The ribbon cable is just clamped by the connector, no individual soldering or crimping.

Then buy the ribbon cable, 3 foot is $3.60 from this seller, for example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Conductor-Ribbon-Cable-Rainbow-Colored-and-Laminated-3-100-ft-/180938840320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a20cb9900

I know what you're thinking, the connector is 10P and the ribbon cable is 36P... yup, nick one end, and pull apart into 10P each... now you have 9 foot total of 10P ribbon cable for $3.60!

So that's $1.15 cost each and you get 9pcs of 12" IDC cables (10P).

For the crimping tool, you can buy a special tool, but a groove joint pliers will do the job just as well. (Just wrap the connector with cloth or tape the jaws of your pliers so it wouldn't mar the plastic connector).

or get one of these if you'll be doing lots and lots of cables of varying widths.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IDC-Ribbon-Cable-Crimping-Tool-with-Attachment-17195-4-/390510231747?pt=US_Cabling_Tools&hash=item5aec3940c3

That's exactly what I'm looking for , I just need to find it in a 16pin straight version lol, last time I needed one I ended up buying 4 4pin female,female jumpers which works but isn't that legit

winner10920:
That's exactly what I'm looking for , I just need to find it in a 16pin straight version lol, last time I needed one I ended up buying 4 4pin female,female jumpers which works but isn't that legit

Your reference to "16pin straight version" and "16 pin single row" seems to be out of context to me for using IDC ribbon cable. Such cable has the individual conductors at a .05" pitch and can only be terminated into double row IDC sockets. So are you sure what you want is actually available?

Lefty

Hmm yeah I searched ebay and did not find the same type of connector in 16pin single row, however I found 8pin straight "dp" style cable/connector so I will just use two of those for now

Why don't you want a 2x8 connector? Then you can use the IDC connector and ribbon cable for hookups. Why 16x1?

Its for an lcd screen that came with 16 pin single row headers, so I designed it on my board to be the same, in hindsight I coulda done a 16x2 on my board and have the others as grounds which would help keep out interference, right now I'm using just half of a 16x2 cable but its not long enough for my application, just good for testing right now

antother option is a cheap hand operated wirewrap tool, much easier to solder when every wire is twisted 10 + times around the post

How do those work? I've seen it in radio shack but never been tempted to buy