Go Down

Topic: Problems while downloading the arduino uno software (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Joetrox

Hallo,

I just get an arduino uno (SMD) board and before I want to start creating big sourcecodes I tried to get the board running with an easy example code for an Binary Output (Flash an LED over output port 12 with any frequence.
The code is very easy and as far I could see from the compile log file it was failure free.
The problem is that I can`t get the code downloaded into the arduino uno. After compiling and uploading I get the following message from the log file:

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  2 2011 at 19:38:36
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Brigitte\Eigene Dateien\ARDUINO\arduino-1.0.3-windows (1)\arduino-1.0.3\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : \\.\COM1
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done.  Thank you.

The Port in the arduino software is  selected with com 1 and the Configuration in the hardwaremanager in windows even looks well.
Futher I select in the software -->tools --> Programmer --> AVRISPmkII.
The board shows a green light for on and the light on port 13 is flashing orange.

I also tried to download other software but with the same result.

Has somebody an idia what still could be wrong?

cmiyc

Your code is unlikely to be part of the issue.

Where did you buy your Arduino from?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

retrolefty

The Port in the arduino software is  selected with com 1

This almost for sure not the proper com port your arduino board would be using. Maybe you didn't install the USB serial driver needed for your board. Does the PC acknowledge your board when you first plug it into the PC? Are there any other com port numbers listed under the tools/serial ports menu on the arduino IDE?

Lefty

CrossRoads

"Futher I select in the software -->tools --> Programmer --> AVRISPmkII."

The "programmer" selection is for programming the board using the ICSP header pins.

Is your PC connected to the USB port of the Arduino? Did you install the Uno drivers for the onboard USB/Serial adapter?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ajkerr0

This almost for sure not the proper com port your arduino board would be using. Maybe you didn't install the USB serial driver needed for your board. Does the PC acknowledge your board when you first plug it into the PC? Are there any other com port numbers listed under the tools/serial ports menu on the arduino IDE?

Barging into this thread.

I'm having this issue of my PC not recognizing my SMD unit.  It works on my Ubuntu machine but on Windows will not acknowledge it.  At its current state pin 13 LED is just blinking.

My computer recognized a "normal" Arduino Uno R3 this past semester but it currently will not recognize my new SMD board.

How do I go about installing USB serial drivers?

Thanks.

ajkerr0

Barging into this thread.

I'm having this issue of my PC not recognizing my SMD unit.  It works on my Ubuntu machine but on Windows will not acknowledge it.  At its current state pin 13 LED is just blinking.

My computer recognized a "normal" Arduino Uno R3 this past semester but it currently will not recognize my new SMD board.

How do I go about installing USB serial drivers?

Thanks.

I fixed my issue.  I found a thread that has seemed to fix my issues so far: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

Before my computer wouldn't even let me install drivers but installing drivers in the way detailed in that thread has my stuff working correctly now!

Joetrox

Hallo,

first thanks to all for the fast support.

I bought the board in polling electronic online shop.
I just installed the arduino software 1.03 and didn`t install any driver for USB explicit. I saw there is a "Drivers" folder in the unpacked ZIP-archieve which is containing an folder "FTDI USB Drivers".
There ar two com-ports available which I can choose between, but its neither running with both of them.
I think the missing driver culd be a solution, but how can I install this serial drivers?

Go Up