Closed (ouch) or Open Hardware new Uno's ?

Having said this i'm negotiating to them so that we can release a PID to whoever wants to build a board for non-commercial purposes. (if they want to sell they have to buy a VID or use a chip from a vendor that releases a PID )

That is good news.

It's the same time as always and it was made in italy as always.we don't manufacture in china. full stop.
If you make a lot of boards a very small number can, by mistake, end up being sold when they shouldn't have.

I'm glad to hear it but in that case, from previous experience, I would not have expected anything short of perfect quality in the arduino boards. They have always been great before.

BTW it is much better to contact us directly with your questions instead of spending days speculating without any information.

It is always interesting to dicuss people's views on a particular subject. I understand a message was sent to you. We then discussed things as normal people do. I'm sorry if this kind of stained the forum or got a bit out of hand but discussions are discussions and whether the views expressed are due to a minority of products or not, it doesn't matter, it was interesting to hear people's opinions.

It is very good to hear that is has all been resolved, refunds and replacements are being offered and hopefully the only remarks I will hear about these boards in the future are positive ones! Heck I might

Mowcius