Go Down

Topic: Solenoid driver (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

sreedevk

Hi,
I want to know of any solenoid driver IC which can provide atleast 800mA current per channel and should have atleast 8 output channels.
Thanks

be80be

I don't think you'll find that, Most drivers for that type of thing would use 8 mosfets

MarkT

ULN2064B darlington array will do 4 channels at 1A per channel and has diodes
(but will require heatsinking unless only switching one relay at once).

If you can cope with surface mount there are lots of dual MOSFETs in SOIC8 format
than are cheap.

Discrete MOSFETs or NPN transistors are the other approach.  Just found 2STX1360
(cheap 2A switching transistor in TO92, low Vsat and high gain > 160 at 1A)
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

sreedevk

Is there a a version of ULN2064B with oct or hex outputs. I will be good if I can have about 8 outputs in a single IC, at the same time the current capability of each channel should be better or the same of ULN2064B.

cmiyc

. I will be good if I can have about 8 outputs in a single IC.

Why do you think that?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

sreedevk

It will be good if I have such an IC in my project. That will make the wiring much easier

cmiyc

That will make the wiring much easier

While making proper heat sinking much more difficult.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up