Is this utterly wrong?

TroyO:
Now that is interesting. Had no idea it worked that way. My mind was blown when I found out electrons flowed from negative to positive too.

Yea there is classic battle fought for ages about what direction 'current' flows. In the military they taught us using electron flow being negative to positive, but the EE profession talks (as taught in colleges and universities) of current flowing from positive to negative.

I think it's just a legacy of the origins of the discovery of electronics where they knew current was following but couldn't directly observe it so they guessed and standardized on P to N. When later more knowledge of the basic atom and it's role in current flow they decided that rather then admitting their mistake, invented the concept of 'hole flow' to continue justifying saying that current flows P to N.

The only thing moving in the wire is electrons so I say current flows N to P, but that is a battle long ago fought to no satisfaction to either side. The problem is the EE world gets to define all the semiconductor arrows which now point in the wrong direction!

Lefty