Go Down

Topic: Stepper motor, doesn't turn counter clockwise, wrong steps number indication (Read 55052 times) previous topic - next topic

TomGeorge

Hi, Icitte

Welcome to the forum.

As advised, start a new thread with your problem and you should find some help.
Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Hope to help.. Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

dambuster309

Thanks for the information - it solved my issue.

The pin outs worked for the 28BYJ-48 stepper motor to give travel in both directions

And reducing the RPM to 4 worked.

I did some experimenting and found the max rpm I could get was 19 approx 38,000 steps per min.

Paul

AHKAD

mastool

Another frustrating issues that can take days to resolve.
Here are a few issues I have been facing and the solutions I cam up with. I hope this helps others in long frustrations.

Stepper motor 28BYJ-48 12V with external power
ULN2003A drive

Challenge 1
ULN led lights blink, motor does not move.
Solution: reduce speed from 1 to 130 max.
if(speed > 130) speed = 130; //for safety

Challenge 2
Motor acts funny and does not move to right position regardless of the number of steps
Solution: loop around single step. It is slower but guarantee to work.
for(i = 0; i <= numOfSteps; i++) StepMotor1.step(1);

Challenge 3
Motor only goes clockwise no matter what.
Solution discovered in another forum post, interchange pin 2 with pin 3
Stepper StepMotor1(steps, Pin1, Pin3, Pin2, Pin4); //yet on board corresponding wires are sequential.

alliaalliaallia

I had the same problem today and then I have found out that it helped me to use StepperMotor.h and .cpp library instead of build in Stepper.h ...

After using it it works great... But you probably need to google it (or I would provide it when I am on PC if you want to)...

kumarsan

To change direction you need to reverse the current in one set of coils only. At the moment the two motors are connected in parallel and turn in the same direction. Swap ONE of the coil pairs over and you should be able to get the two motors turn in the opposite direction with the same drive signal.

Go Up