Eagle: how to refresh project with updated library

Hello all,

Hoping some Eagle wizards on here can help me figure out a better way to solve a problem I run in to all the time.

Let's say I work up a schematic for a new project. I then generate a board and start doing a layout. During this process, I might find some mistakes or non-critical things I want to clean up with symbols or packages I used in the design. So, I open the appropriate library, make the edits, and save the library.

What is the best way to refresh the design to include the changes I made?

Currently, what I do is hit the "add" tool in the schematic, browse in the library for one of the parts I changed, and select it. At which point, Eagle prompts me that there is a different version of the part in the design, and I hit "ok" to update the design with the new version. I never actually re-add the part, I just abuse the add tool to get Eagle to prompt me to update the parts that have changed.

Is there a better way?

The better way is to hit the update all under the menu->library. To only update the library you can choose the library from menu->library->update

Also with

Added library which download at library folder.
Then right cklik to update.

Jeckson

I'm offfering barter between kit's and socket

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=100189&sid=872238edfc8ca0bbc7f3a61bb75f050a

liudr, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.