Forum Website Down

tuxduino:
Maybe the fear of a future unpatched security hole will make the SMF upgrade climb up the priority list :slight_smile:

Well anyway, I enjoyed talking with you. I don't mind disagreements when the other party has a decent understanding of the underlying technical points being debated. If they want to disagree just because my post count is low or for some other unrelated bias, that don't really cut the mustard.

Even if they want to keep the forum moderators for most of the boards all Global Mods, they don't seem to understand that assigning a Global Mod to a board moderator slot is completely redundant. Global Mods can moderate any board without being assigned as a moderator. And it's even sillier to assign Administrators into board moderator slots. Admins can do anything at all on the entire forum, by definition!

Seeing this just makes me think they don't really understand the underlying hierarchy of SMF. But who am I right? Just some poor slob that has years of experience with this system. :~