Go Down

Topic: Re: When you think about it? (Read 2210 times) previous topic - next topic

Lilirama1

Wow even know that was rude and partially called for that was funny you just made my day a little better.

MakerMann

retrolefty

Wow even know that was rude and partially called for that was funny you just made my day a little better.

Thanks, I also knew it was partially called for.  ;)

Lefty

Lilirama1

At least you wernt just a flat out ***hole about it. is there a way to close a topic.

retrolefty

Dec 20, 2010, 08:12 pm Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010, 08:14 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
is there a way to close a topic.

No, I'm afraid its a what-you-reap-is-what-you-sow situation. Your postings will forever to a permanent record here, even after you become a millionaire genius dot.com CEO.

westfw

The Arduino also has about a 500-1000 times less RAM than most people's computers.

I think you missed by a factor of 1000 or so.  1k-2k byte (~1e3) on an Arduino, 1 to 4 GB on a typical desktop computer (1e9)  That's a million times more RAM.

Mind boggling, if you were around when 64K was "a lot" of memory.  But not so much as disk space.  At my previous job, we had put together a "BIG" fileserver (the "labrea" tar-pit) that had a whopping 4GB of disk space.  Most of the 100-concurrent-user mainframes of that era (about 25 years ago, now) had maybe 1 to 2GB of disk.

mowcius

Go Up