Go Down

Topic: DUE shield Eagle file (Read 18310 times) previous topic - next topic

Palliser

Hello cowasaki,

Thank you for the Due footprint Eagles. I just noticed that in the SPI (2x3 ICSP) holes, the drill size should be 0.032 instead of 0.02755906. Regards,

p

nandishnan4

Could we remove the pins which we dont need, for ex i am trying to build a CAN shield and dont need the programming ports and many other ports.

Thanks
Nandish

tboutain

Can anyone that has used this library tell me what the different is between the two devices? Normal vs Bottom Only?? When I load them into OSHPark.com, they both look the same to me....but I must be missing something.

cowasaki

Can anyone that has used this library tell me what the different is between the two devices? Normal vs Bottom Only?? When I load them into OSHPark.com, they both look the same to me....but I must be missing something.
Try turning the bottom and top tracks on and off, you will see the difference.  If you are making double sided boards yourself you are effectively making two single sided boards and have to join the top and bottom using via pins or similar.  If you are soldering manually you only need the bottom and by not having the "holes" on the top you can feed one or two tracks through the gap.

cowasaki

Hello cowasaki,

Thank you for the Due footprint Eagles. I just noticed that in the SPI (2x3 ICSP) holes, the drill size should be 0.032 instead of 0.02755906. Regards,

p

Sorry my Eagle licence has run out and I'm using KiCAD now.  I'm not sure if I can actually change it now.

cowasaki

Could we remove the pins which we dont need, for ex i am trying to build a CAN shield and dont need the programming ports and many other ports.

Thanks
Nandish

You should be able to edit the file and remove any pins.  Even if you have to edit it with a text editor.

Go Up