Go Down

Topic: If this can be hacked...loads of features... (Read 3022 times) previous topic - next topic

pracas

Was jsut going through robotshop and ran into this toy... seems to have a lot of features.... only if it can be hacked..

http://www.robotshop.com/world/wildplanet-spy-gear-spy-video-trakr-robot.html

keeper63

The older versions are cooler; the one prior to this had a tank-tread style layout, and the one prior to that one was a car-style. What made both of the older ones "better", IMHO - was the fact that they included small monocle-style HMDs, manufactured (well, the internals, at least) by Kopin:

http://www.machinegrid.com/2009/02/taking-apart-the-atv-360-eyepiece-head-mounted-display/

A few months back I picked up the "car-style" version from ebay fairly cheap; it was pretty fun to drive around the house scaring the dog... ;D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

pracas

A few months back I picked up the "car-style" version from ebay fairly cheap; it was pretty fun to drive around the house scaring the dog... Grin

Did you try any hacks on it? Now this thing has me hooked.... :(

keeper63

Nov 13, 2010, 05:29 am Last Edit: Nov 13, 2010, 05:30 am by keeper63@cox.net Reason: 1
Did you try any hacks on it? Now this thing has me hooked...

No, I mainly got it for the kopin display, perhaps for future use for a wearable/AR system. I basically tested it out, then put it in my "experimentation" pile for future AR/VR play...

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

xxlbreed

niceee!! I want one, anyone handing out scholarships to hack these hahaha

gelfling6

I'm already trying to get them to add a ATMEL & FTDI driver to the next firmware version. (for the on-device USB-A socket which hasn't been utilized yet.)  there'd be a immediate connection link to run an arduino in concert with the ARM9 processor.  I'm already trying to hack the code between the parallax Basic Stamp, and the Adruino uses of the Parallax PING))), to add distance sensing to the TRAKR.

Oh-yes, there's all kinds of hackability to the device..   :D

Go Up