Go Down

Topic: Anyone Seen The Maple? (Read 39220 times) previous topic - next topic

pracas

Well Batman, I'm putting an order in a few days...I hope you have done some path breaking. keep us posted.

ArduinoAndy

Can you imagine all those who bought revisions 1 and 2 in the last year? They did all the trailblazing for me.
All I care about is Leaflabs porting the Arduino libraries over to the Maple. They are doing it as we speak.
I could not wait until the libraries to be completely ported because I have an application which needs 3 serial ports at 3.3 VDC. Will keep you posted. :)
"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

jluciani

I have an application which needs 3 serial ports at 3.3 VDC.

I missed it by one port :( My Sanguino compatible board (644P) has two ports, a uSD card, a battery backed-up RTC and a dual DAC. http://wiblocks.luciani.org/NB2/index.html

The last two custom jobs I have done have needed one more serial port than
the uC had. The customer wanted a 328 in the first one and we needed two ports.
We went to a 644P for the second and then a feature was added that required a third :(

(* jcl *)

ArduinoAndy

The Maple "Native" has 5 serial ports ;D
"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

pracas

I just ordered one...now the wait starts...

ArduinoAndy

Jun 26, 2010, 09:30 pm Last Edit: Jun 26, 2010, 10:17 pm by ArduinoAndy Reason: 1
The postman just arrived with Leaflab's ARM Maple.  ;D

Inside the box the contents were:
1. 1 Bigelow Green Tea bag?
2. 1 Candy - Smarties ?
3. The Maple in an anti-static ziploc bag.

I searched around for a mini USB cable and used one of the many I had from my digital
camera.

On the ziploc label, it instructed me to go to their website to obtain their doc's and software.

I followed the instructions to the "T" and I was able to flash the on board blue LED on pin 13.

Two window's XP drivers have to be installed carefully for the Maple to work with windows.
Note: Also, before any software setup, cycle the reset/BUT miniature pushbutton tac switches several
times to work the switch contacts in due to the flux residue from the wave soldering -
this will help.

I got out my Smarties and made some green tea - life is good. Then I decided to upload the
simplest program in the world "Hello World" from the example sketches.  8-) 8-) 8-)

Then disaster struck - no output "Hello World!" on the serial monitor? <---- This problem occurs only with Windows XP 32 ?????On the Arduino, by clicking on the serial monitor, the Arduino is reset. The Maple, due to its dual drivers cannot do this. I got another third party terminal program from the web (Tera Term) and was abe to see "Hello World" By consuming the included smarties must of helped me out???
The Maple A team is working on this problem... to be continued.
:'(

---------------------
MIT - Joke of the day
---------------------  
Mit engineer dream...

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Person asked a young engineer
who was fresh out of MIT, "What starting salary were you thinking about?"
The Engineer said, "In the neighborhood of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."
The interviewer said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5 weeks vacation,
14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary,
and a company car leased every 2 years - say, a red Corvette?"
The Engineer sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replied,
"Yeah, but you started it."
;D ;D ;D

ArduinoAndy

Don't let this picture fool you.
The board size is only 2.05" x 2.1"
or 52.07mm x 53.34mm

8-) 8-) 8-)

pracas

The Engineer sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?" The interviewer replied,
"Yeah, but you started it."
LoL! ROFL!

Tried it on linux? I'm more keen on moving it away from the arduino like ide.

ArduinoAndy

Most of the PC's, in the world, run windows. I would not even consider Linux. ;)

pracas

Most of the PC's, in the world, run windows. I would not even consider Linux.

what a coincidence! I was just praising linux for its abilities to detect anything i plug into it without the need for drivers and was wondering how come i had wasted so much time with windows and within a jiffy i run into this! you should consider linux. windows is for sissies ;)

ArduinoAndy

Jun 27, 2010, 07:27 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2010, 08:03 pm by ArduinoAndy Reason: 1
Wow! Are you kidding?" "Yeah, but you started it."

;D ;D ;D

Sorta reminds me of Acer's netbooks which installed the "linux crap" on them. After
one year, 80% of their netbooks were windows?
:) :) :)

westfw

After one year, 80% of their netbooks were windows?

One wonders how many of those windows installs were actually bought and paid for?

Imahilus

Jun 27, 2010, 11:54 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2010, 11:55 pm by Imahilus Reason: 1
All, they switched to OEM windows.
The reason behind it is that the linux version came with a custom distribution that supported next to nothing, was extremely childish in use and was generally crippled in its usefulness.
I've heard a lot of complaints regarding this, mostly about how stupid acer was not to put a regular distribution on it, like ubuntu, debian, fedora or whatever popular flavor you prefer.

(I'm fairly sure it was about an acer netbook, but I could be confused with another netbook)

ArduinoAndy

Back to the Leaflab's Maple...

Disaster strike twice! :'(

I tried to run a blinky program with external power without the USB.
It did not work? Hmmm - I don't have any more "Smarties" - candy.

I checked all the power jumpers and they were correct with the sparse doc's.
What the docs don't tell you is that you have to install the USB jumper to
backfeed its components so it would work on external power????

The "Maple A Team" - where are you?  ::) ::) ::)

ArduinoAndy

Pracas ... Have you received your Maple yet?
I am busy trailblazing. I made a path so wide
that a Abram's M1A2 tank can run down my path.
"Starbug" must have fallen down on his job and
now I have to take over and point out the obvious
problems with "The Maple" to the MIT leaf blowers.
I am cutting them some slack because, after all,
the Arduino, in 2005, had problems starting out.
8-) 8-) 8-)

Go Up