Go Down

Topic: ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges (Read 211674 times) previous topic - next topic

moldov

I'm having some difficulty programming the PIC12F62  I tried the "homemade" PIC flasher and also a PICKit 3 without success.  Are there any tricks to flashing it?  Or is anyone willing to sell one or two pre-flashed?
I tried with my LAPTOP Dell Latitude D630 - Out of luck. But if You read attentively - author of home made flashers says that You need to use Desktop not laptop. I tried desktop and voila - chip was flashed without any issues. So try Desktop.

hernan43

Are you getting specific errors with the PicKit3? I bought the knockoff version of that programmer and had to fiddle with the voltages to get it working(4.75v vs 5v).

Once I got that sorted out it was flashing fine.

moldov

Colleagues, I successfully assembled Carteader and tested it. No issues to read and write NP GB carts.

if Sanni don't mind I would like to offer limited amount of pre-assembled Cartreaders. I would like to offer 7ea if DieKatzchen take his board for cost of shipping. If not - 8ea.

I have pcb's and some of the SMD parts. If You want to have one - let me know. Once I have enough amount of requests to cover initial costs for slots, screens, arduinos, clock generators - I will order the parts. It will take 2-3 weeks to deliver and 1 week to assemble and test assembled readers.

The price i would offer is 120 USD + free shipping with tracking number. Payments will be covered by PayPal. Payment will be requested after assembling and testing.

Unfortunately I cannot provide You with good quality of 3D printing, so if I manage to find good printer for low cost I will add 3D parts if not I wouldnt be able to make 3D printed items.

Also my concern is screws. I have some and ordered from ebay but small packets from ebay sometimes might be lost and takes time to be delivered. So no guaranties here.

Cartreader will be assembled with:

- 4 slots - SNES/SFC, SEGA MD, N64, GB/GBC/GBA
- 1 clock generator
- 1 PIC with SuperCIC firmware
- 1 screen
- 1 MicroSD cartreader
- 1 RGB Led
- 1 N64 wire
- 1 Arduino Mega 2560
- 1 Arduino USB wire

Last updated firmware will be uploaded and tested.

grizzlyjere

Are you getting specific errors with the PicKit3? I bought the knockoff version of that programmer and had to fiddle with the voltages to get it working(4.75v vs 5v).

Once I got that sorted out it was flashing fine.
I was getting an error that "it could not detect target voltage VDD".  Based on your suggestion I went into advanced mode and fiddled around.  After turning on the option to power the circuit from the PICkit all worked well.  It's the knockoff version and I was able to leave it at the 5v default FWIW.  Thanks for the suggestion.

hernan43

I was getting an error that "it could not detect target voltage VDD".  Based on your suggestion I went into advanced mode and fiddled around.  After turning on the option to power the circuit from the PICkit all worked well.  It's the knockoff version and I was able to leave it at the 5v default FWIW.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Awesome! The various voltage errors are a thing with the knockoff programmers. Not sure why. Glad it works though!

williammuller

Aug 02, 2018, 03:18 am Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 03:28 am by williammuller
 Sanni I do not read hirom cartridge I receive mistake from checksum 0000. I managed to record to 29l3211 but the game just black screen

williammuller

Aug 02, 2018, 03:30 am Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 03:32 am by williammuller
I followed this pinout for the slot snes. Lowrom can do the reading successfully. But I did not try recording of Lowrom in 29l3211

KnightofTime

Cartreader will be assembled with:

- 4 slots - SNES/SFC, SEGA MD, N64, GB/GBC/GBA
- 1 clock generator
- 1 PIC with SuperCIC firmware
- 1 screen
- 1 MicroSD cartreader
- 1 RGB Led
- 1 N64 wire
- 1 Arduino Mega 2560
- 1 Arduino USB wire

Last updated firmware will be uploaded and tested.

Can you possibly reserve one for me, please?  I'm very, very interested in ordering one of the cart readers, although I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you first, please.

First, can you please reduce the number of cartridge slots down to two (just SNES and N64)?  I already have a separate device with support for Sega MegaDrive/Genesis games, as well as a plugin for it that gives it support for GB/GBC/GBA games, so having those extra two slots won't be really necessary for me (if you are able to make a cart reader with just the two cartridge slots I want, how much would it cost?).

Second, do you ship to Canada?  I'm Canadian, so this is an important one.

Anyway thanks in advance.

dtp30

Hello all,

I have been away for quite a while....

I presume there is a new PCB by now. Can you still download the PCB files and get a PCB made like via Osh Park??  If anyone in AU wants one built.. but can't solder at all... I'd be up for helping supply fully assembled boards...

D.

sanni

Yes there has been a new PCB version and a lot of new features in the software and also some new or updated wiki pages, you can find everything on my github: https://github.com/sanni/cartreader

dtp30

sanni

I have received the PCB yesterday and as soon as I tested and wrote some documentation for it I'll upload the gerbers.

moldov

Can you possibly reserve one for me, please?  I'm very, very interested in ordering one of the cart readers, although I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you first, please.

First, can you please reduce the number of cartridge slots down to two (just SNES and N64)?  I already have a separate device with support for Sega MegaDrive/Genesis games, as well as a plugin for it that gives it support for GB/GBC/GBA games, so having those extra two slots won't be really necessary for me (if you are able to make a cart reader with just the two cartridge slots I want, how much would it cost?).

Second, do you ship to Canada?  I'm Canadian, so this is an important one.

Anyway thanks in advance.

Sorry for late reply. I was on vacation in village with bad Internet connection. That was kind of digital detox. So I'm missing now all my electronic/programming hobby stuff and came back to them:)

Regarding cartreader:

I can reduce the cartridge slots amount but it wouldn't save a lot money. So I will add them for You for free:)
Also I found a bit cheaper option to order the parts. So I will decrease cost to 100 USD (shipping included)

For sure I will send to Canada with tracking number. No issues here.

I didn't ordered the parts yet. But I can sell You one which I have. Just give me one week to dump all the Nintendo Power carts I recently received and they were kindly requested to be dumped by skaman. Then I will order some more parts  and can send You one cartreader which I have.

One more thing. N64 cable is not arrived yet and seems that it was lost on the way. So I don't have it soldered. But if You don't mind You can order one from AliExpress or ebay (it's very cheap) and solder it by yourself or ask someone (it's just 2 soldering points and shouldn't be difficult)

So if You agree, let me know.

Regards

KnightofTime

Aug 19, 2018, 07:25 pm Last Edit: Aug 19, 2018, 10:47 pm by KnightofTime
Sorry for late reply. I was on vacation in village with bad Internet connection. That was kind of digital detox. So I'm missing now all my electronic/programming hobby stuff and came back to them:)

Regarding cartreader:

I can reduce the cartridge slots amount but it wouldn't save a lot money. So I will add them for You for free:)
Also I found a bit cheaper option to order the parts. So I will decrease cost to 100 USD (shipping included)

For sure I will send to Canada with tracking number. No issues here.

I didn't ordered the parts yet. But I can sell You one which I have. Just give me one week to dump all the Nintendo Power carts I recently received and they were kindly requested to be dumped by skaman. Then I will order some more parts  and can send You one cartreader which I have.

One more thing. N64 cable is not arrived yet and seems that it was lost on the way. So I don't have it soldered. But if You don't mind You can order one from AliExpress or ebay (it's very cheap) and solder it by yourself or ask someone (it's just 2 soldering points and shouldn't be difficult)

So if You agree, let me know.

Regards
Hey, I'm surprised you didn't wait for others to respond to your post...anyway, I'd like to ask you another question please (I have a couple of others I want to ask, though I'd like more information on this one first before I get to any other question I may have).

What is the N64 cable for?  Would it be needed for dumping cartridges and/or the backing up or restoring of save data on those cartridges?  I might not need it in the end.

Go Up