Go Down

Topic: ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges (Read 206669 times) previous topic - next topic

hernan43

Ah I see. For that I use one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIC-ICD2-PIC-Kit-2-3-PICKIT-Programming-Adapter-Programmer-40Pin-Test-Seat-Board/223043815318?hash=item33ee728796:m:mwnlxfsEmeH6XGHSNTuo75Q

The adapter goes into the DIP socket and the pickit wires into the side of the board. I was too lazy to breadboard things.

JCreazy

Hey Sanni, I'm back with some more info. I'm not sure if you changed the CRC for Golden Nugget yet but I found out that the CRC for Lego Racers is not correct. It should be 4D1E1897 verified by dat-o-matic.  I'm guessing I can't make the changes on GitHub or I would so I don't have to keep bothering you.

sanni

Thanks, changed the CRC.
You could create a Github account, fork the project, edit the file and then send a pull request over Github.
Ofc just posting here in the forum is absolutely fine too.  :)

RyoHazuki

Just ordered some 29LV320 to Snes Adapters to make some repros. I'm using a Hi-Rom donor to make Chrono Trigger, patched my rom, flashed it successfully and soldered it on the cartridge, my donor only has 32 pin maskrom so i soldered A20 on pin 45, A21 on pin 46, A22 on pin 47 and added a jumper on maskrom pins 36 and 34 but it just shows a black screen.

sanni

Sorry but this thread is about the development of the Arduino Cart Reader, not about making repros.
Please stay on topic.

If flashing the 29LV320 was successful then everything else should be discussed in a message board that specializes in repro stuff like nintendoage.com's "The Brewery" subforum.

This is not the right forum for repro talk, please understand.
Thanks.

FingerCramp

Hey

First off Thanks Sanni this project is awesome. 

Is there a way to shift the screen text up a few pixels.  I can never get it perfect when I mount it.

sanni

Not that I know of. In this case, it's probably best to connect the OLED with wires, align it and then use hot glue to fix it in place.

Nextria

Hello sanni,

I have a question is it possible to dump NES games with an adapter nes to Snes ?

Also on the GitHub? The sd spacer in the combined and the loose is different. Is there a reason for this.

I printed the combined stl in China it it is In lose now and falls out.

sanni

I have looked into dumping NES and Famicom carts but it's way too complicated for me. I have mainly focused on N64, GBA and writing flashroms while others like skaman and Tamanegi_taro have researched and written the more complicated stuff like SNES special chips, Satellaview and so on.

It's actually amazing how much you can do now with this little hobby project. It almost rivals commercial solutions.

The SD spacer in the combined STL file is designed for opaque PLA and the single SD spacer STL is designed for clear PLA. You have to use double-sided sticky tape to glue the SD spacer to the OLED PCB and/or the SD card slot.

skaman

My standalone Arduino-based Famicom cart dumper is complete.  Reads all Licensed mappers and one Unlicensed mapper for a total of 66.  Reads and writes all SRAM and EEPROM saves from Licensed carts.  NES carts are read using a NES-FC adapter.

I'm waiting on two additional test carts and my NES-FC adapter PCBs before sending the hardware and sketch to sanni.  I'm also debating whether to attempt to add some type of mapper detection code as the reader currently requires manual selection of mapper, PRG size, CHR size, and RAM size.  I have constrained the PRG/CHR/RAM sizes based on the mapper so that makes it somewhat easier.

Whether my FC/NES stuff can be merged into the main project will be up to sanni as I'm not sure what will fit into the hardware and software.

xjunox

My standalone Arduino-based Famicom cart dumper is complete.  Reads all Licensed mappers and one Unlicensed mapper for a total of 66.  Reads and writes all SRAM and EEPROM saves from Licensed carts.  NES carts are read using a NES-FC adapter.

I'm waiting on two additional test carts and my NES-FC adapter PCBs before sending the hardware and sketch to sanni.  I'm also debating whether to attempt to add some type of mapper detection code as the reader currently requires manual selection of mapper, PRG size, CHR size, and RAM size.  I have constrained the PRG/CHR/RAM sizes based on the mapper so that makes it somewhat easier.

Whether my FC/NES stuff can be merged into the main project will be up to sanni as I'm not sure what will fit into the hardware and software.
Do you know if sms would be hard to add?  It might be easier than nes but im not sure if they have a bunch of mappers

Nextria

Hello @sanni and @Skaman,

Thank you all for your hard work, it is an amazing project and works perfect,
lets hope you can add the NES part to Sanni, wish I could help you :)

I made a white one and it looks really cool :)

sanni

I  uploaded the STL files for my first case prototype:

https://github.com/sanni/cartreader/wiki/Adding-an-enclosure

skaman

Nice work, sanni!

As part of working on the Famicom dumper, I wrote code to read/write the 24C01 and 24C02 EEPROMs used in Bandai carts.  I've ported the EEPROM code over to the Sega MD/Genesis and I can read/write the EEPROMs in Acclaim Type 1, EA, and Sega carts.  Capcom carts should potentially work but they are untested.  I'm still investigating the Acclaim Type 2 and Codemasters carts as they operate differently than the others.

Go Up