Go Down

Topic: ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges (Read 224784 times) previous topic - next topic

sanni

Can you post an image of the PCBs you have, maybe we can add support for it?

I bought some Pokemon hack where I could see a battery through the translucent case.

Parodius316

Can you post an image of the PCBs you have, maybe we can add support for it?

I bought some Pokemon hack where I could see a battery through the translucent case.
Sure thing.  I will try and get to them tonight.  I have 6 of them, but a couple of them may be same board etc. 

Parodius316

Ok I found 4 of the 6 I have.  Not sure where the other 2 ran off to.  But here are the boards:

sanni

Ok, from top to bottom we have:

ST M36LDR706 -> The gbxcart-rw project has support for this flash chip so one could take a peek at the source code there and port it over
Intel 0121 -> Can't find any info about it, but if we're lucky it's similar to the Intel4000 and Intel4400
Intel 4400 -> This should already work, maybe there is a bug in the code though, I can't test since I don't have this flashrom
Fujitsu MSP55LV100G -> Again I can't find any info about it, but hopefully it's similar to the  MSP55LV100S that is already supported in N64.ino.

So one should be easy to fix, one do-able to implement and two will require some serious trial and error. Too bad that they all don't have the same type of chip. I'll probably won't have the time to add support for them.

Parodius316

Is there a specific power supply you recommend for these?  Really don't know much about them.

sanni

3.3V selected on the Cart Reader should be fine and then any USB port to provide power to the Cart Reader.

Supercheap

Just wondering Sanni if you can get these carts flashed?? The first one is a N64 Flash cart and the other is a Sega Genesis Repro.

sanni

The current code for flashing Sega Mega Drive/Genesis repros is just an example and not based on any real-world repros, simply because I don't own any. That being said it should not be too hard to change it to match the repro pictured above. Just check the datasheet of the ST flash to see what code changes need to be done.

For this specific N64 repro, you probably would need to build an adapter as it doesn't seem that you can flash the repro from the N64 cartridge edge and the programmer cart edge will have a completely different pinout not matching my Cart Reader without an adapter in-between.

tamanegi_taro

Hi sanni,

Just curious. Why did you disabled internal pull up of buttons and placed 10kohm registor pull ups?
Maybe you can remove two 10kohm registors to save some space on board.

Thanks,
tamanegi_taro

KnightofTime

Hi guys, earlier in the topic i made a post with a question I didn't quite get an answer to yet, so I wish to ask it again please, can the cart reader be set up to work with NES and/or Sega 32X games (that is, being able to read/write to either of these kind of cartridges)?  I'm presuming the latter will work with the Sega Genesis/Megadrive slot (I've heard that the Retrode2 can work with Sega 32X cartridges even though the top part of it has to be temporarily removed for best results)?

Thanks in advance.

sanni

Hi guys, earlier in the topic i made a post with a question I didn't quite get an answer to yet, so I wish to ask it again please, can the cart reader be set up to work with NES and/or Sega 32X games (that is, being able to read/write to either of these kind of cartridges)?  I'm presuming the latter will work with the Sega Genesis/Megadrive slot (I've heard that the Retrode2 can work with Sega 32X cartridges even though the top part of it has to be temporarily removed for best results)?

Thanks in advance.
If you write the code for it and build an adapter, sure. But right now it only supports the stuff listed under features.

Just buy an INLretro programmer-dumper instead, afaik it can already read NES and MD/32x will probably follow soon.

ViniNess

Hi, i recently installed the N64 slot on the shield
But i get error in some games when i read the cartridge

List

Zelda Majora's Mask (Brazilian Gradiente Release) - ERROR
International Super Star Soccer '98 - ERROR
Banjo Tooie (Brazilian Gradiente Release) - ERROR
Pokemon Stadium 2 - ERROR
Mario Kart 64 - ERROR
Shadow Man (Brazilian Gradiente Release) - ERROR

San Francisco Rush Extreme Racing - OK
Dark Rift - OK
Star Wars Episode I Racer - OK
Fifa Soccer 64 - OK
Pokemon Stadium - OK

What will could be?

Thanks a lot

sanni

Could be several things:
- the dumped rom is correct but crc32 is not found in n64.txt -> google for the crc32 to see if it is listed as a valid dump
- the dumped rom is incorrect because the cartridge is not inserted dead center into the slot -> use the 3d printed sleeve for the n64 slot to make sure carts are always aligned
- the dumped rom is incorrect because you accidentally used 5V instead of 3.3V or forgot to desolder the two components from the Arduino Mega allowing it to run at 3.3V
- dump is incorrect because there is a bad contact in the 3.3V line -> use a multimeter and measure the resistance between the two points marked by red circles while the cart reader is switched to ON and 3.3V but not connected to a power source, it must be around 0.5 Ohm but not over 1 Ohm, if it is over 1 Ohm you need to switch the switches on and off a few times to remove corrosion or even resolder the connections:

-the dumped rom is incorrect because the Arduino Mega you're using can't handle 3.3V very well -> you can reflash the Arduino Mega's fuses to disable the brown out fuse.
- the dumped rom is incorrect because there still might be an error in my dumping code that only affects certain cartridges

ViniNess

Sanni

I'm using the original N64 Slot

I gently sand all contacts on the 64 slot using a credit card and a very fine sandpaper

All games start do detect except ShadowMan

Go Up