Go Down

Topic: ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges (Read 206659 times) previous topic - next topic

JCreazy

Hey Sanni, I found another CRC that isn't in the N64 text file. It's for Excitebike 64 Rev 1. The CRC is 143926CE. Confirmed with Dat-o-matic. Thanks

tamanegi_taro

Aug 09, 2019, 05:01 pm Last Edit: Aug 09, 2019, 05:01 pm by tamanegi_taro
Hi skaman,

I'm trying to add PC Engine Tennokoe Bank RAM read/write feature to cartreader.
I just got PC Engine's Tennokoe Bank card and dumped whole 16MB (from 0x000000 to 0xFFFFFF) to confirm address of stored saves data but my dump didn't contain any saved data.
I think it needs some command to unlock saved data RAM and make it visible.
Do you know anyone who can help me getting this kind of information?

Thanks,
Tamanegi_taro

skaman

Hi Tamanegi_taro,

I have a Tennokoe Bank but I never investigated the RAM.  I think my Tennokoe is blank due to a dead battery.

Chris Covell (ccovell) helped me verify a previously undumped HuCard.  He's one of the PCE gurus and might be of some help.

Did you disassemble the Tennokoe ROM?  There should be some code in there to handle the read/write to RAM.

If you make any breakthroughs, then please post your results.  I'll try looking into it when I finish working on these Sega EEPROM saves.

Take Care!

tamanegi_taro

Thanks. I'll try to access Chris in Twitter.
I tried to debug Tennokoebank code on Mednafen but I have no idea how to find code to access RAM in Tennokoebank.
I can see physical address is mapped to logical address and CPU is running code on Tennokoebank to handle pad input. When Tennokoebank recognize pad input, it will branch into some other code but I don't have skills to read PCE assembler yet.

tamanegi_taro

Hi skaman,

Confirmed successful access to the Tennokoe bank save RAM. Chris Covell helped me.

Here's the commands to access RAM.

LDA #$68
TAM #$10
STA $8000
LDA #$78
TAM #$10
LDA #$73
STZ $8000
STA $8000
STA $8000
STA $8000
LDA #$40
TAM #$10

Thanks,
tamanegi_taro

tamanegi_taro

Aug 12, 2019, 03:36 pm Last Edit: Aug 12, 2019, 03:40 pm by tamanegi_taro
Hi sanni,

Would you update PCE.ino to this latest one?
https://www.zeta-uploader.com/ja/1627229924

- Added PC Engine Tennokoe Bank RAM read/write support

Thanks,
Tamanegi_taro

skaman

Congrats Tamanegi_taro!

It's great that Chris Covell was able to help.  I'm always amazed by the tremendous level of support provided by gurus like ccovell, nocash, et al.  I've recently experienced that generosity firsthand with Eke (eke-eke) who has helped me with the Sega MD/GEN EEPROM support.

Looks like my Tennokoe still has valid save data.  The data contains "GULLIVER" entries so I'm assuming they are saves for Gulliver Boy.

Take Care!

ABD2002

Wondering what settings to use when printing the 3d printed parts on an ultimaker 2+ extended?

sanni

Your standard print settings should be fine for everything but the N64 sleeve. Here you probably have to drop the wall line count down to 1 if you print with a 0.4mm nozzle and enable print thin walls.

ABD2002

thx will try it tomorrow when i have access to a printer and I will see how it goes!

sanni

In case you decide to print the full enclosure use the tree support feature of Cura with the support touching build plate only setting enabled.
It's a lot easier to remove than the standard support type.

Niltonn

hey Sanni!
Thanks for creating something so cool and useful! your cartreader with each update gets better.
Here are some pictures of mine:

Note: I made a tiny adaptation to read the N64 controller pak. I preferred to leave a connection instead of hanging a cable  :smiley-lol:

Go Up