Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega 2560 program upload timeout() (Read 28365 times) previous topic - next topic

sirjaffar

Hello everyone, I am facing following error while uploading any sketch to arduino mega2560. I tried to upload blink code but it is even not gets uploaded. I am using Arduino v1.0.4

I get he following error message:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Help needed. Thanks indeed

codlink

Are you printing "!!!" anywhere in your code?
//LiNK

sirjaffar

Thanks for response.

No, I am not printing. I just want to upload simple BLINK example.

sirjaffar

The com-port is correctly selected. The board is correctly selected. The drivers are installed correctly. I cannot understand the problem. Is there any way to re-install the firmware??

Siph06

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM !!

i've changer my COMx from 4 to 89, My board is correctly selected to "...2560 or Mega ADK", My driver has been installed manually because of W7 x64 isn't doing itself. i've installed the 1.0.4.

but impossible to send anything !!

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

is there anyone who fixed it ?
i have a project to finish in only 3 weeks and this dumb card isn't working...
i'm working all the night to try to fix it !
it's 1 h 30 in the morning, my life is badass :/

=> sirjaffar

why would you re-install your firmwire ?

sirjaffar

I think that the firmware of atmega8u2 is not responding to the board, so there is no communication between computer and the mcu. Re-installing firmware will help in some way.

gizmodigi

Do you get also the L led blinking? because that is happening to me also....very frustrating...

Antonium

Exacly same. HELP. Bootloader not burnning...

MichaelBot

Hi everybody,

I got exactly the same problem (mac & mega) and could fix it ! :)

Situation:
Upload to Mega 2560 fails in 19 of 20 times with timeout (two different boards)

Upload of the same sketch to Uno R3 works fine - so it is not a problem of drivers, cable, size, etc
(check this if you have a Uno! there might be other problems)

With some Google I could find the bootloader to be problem
http://www.desert-home.com/2013/02/still-wrapping-up-mega2560-bootloader.html

Now I took the Uno board and build a ISP cable to burn the Mega (5V type)
http://letsmakerobots.com/node/35649

Now loaded latest Arduino IDE (1.0.5)
Use Uno as Programmer to burn the Bootloader (on the mega 2560 ! not 16u2)
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP
(I got a verify error but it works)

Now everything works fine and upload works every time :)) over USB on the mega

It seems that the boards are delivered with a buggy bootloader since lots of people out there report the same problem for years!??

Hope this helps for you too
Michael

retrolefty

It seems that the boards are delivered with a buggy bootloader since lots of people out there report the same problem for years!??

Hope this helps for you too
Michael

A possible reason for the symptom you saw is that your sketch has either three consecutive !!! characters in some string constant or three consecutive data characters of the same digital value as a ! character in some data array? If so that triggers a useless function that the older mega bootloader code had built in to trigger a monitor mode where it then waited for monitor commands from the user that will never come of course. The newer mega bootloader in the current IDE fixes both this problem and also a problem with the bootloader not properly handling Watch Dog Timer interrupts.

Lefty

-dev

I think that the firmware of atmega8u2 is not responding to the board, so there is no communication between computer and the mcu. Re-installing firmware will help in some way.

I had similar problems with R3, which uses a 16u2 instead.  Something here might help.  Note how the 8u2 and the 2560 could have the correct firmware loaded, but if the clock fuse isn't properly set, they'll be running at incompatible baud rates.

Cheers,
/dev
Really, I used to be /dev.  :(

Ggenius

I have a similar problem in that uploading stalls but no error message comes up.  The device manager shows an "unknown device" in the USB ports section.  I try and install a driver from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino 1.0.6\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers and Windows 64 gives me a "your device driver is up to date" msg.   Normally, my system would use COM3 for the port but COM3 douse not show up.  How do I get things working again? very frustrating.

MustafaMta

I've had the same problem and the solution is. Download XLoader and upload to your arduino.

IlluSiunist

Mar 07, 2017, 05:53 pm Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017, 06:11 pm by IlluSiunist
It happens to me when i try to upload a sketch and the pin rx0 is conected to somthing....

Hope this helps

Farmanullah_Jan

Arduino is a LUCKY theater, it has no strength in its soft threads to resolve issues as mentioned above by many.

Go Up