Go Down

Topic: Why do LED matrices have such bizarre pinouts? (Read 812 times) previous topic - next topic

Jumbosize

So I recently started working with those nifty Chinese made led matrices again and I have to ask the question... why on earth do they make the pinouts so confusing? It just makes designing projects so much more difficult, whether it be by manipulating code differently or hard-wiring it differently...

Now I'm sure there must be some sort of logical reasoning for this, but does anybody know what it is?

Thanks in advance

runaway_pancake

The designer chooses the most expedient routing.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
When all else fails, check your wiring!

fungus

So I recently started working with those nifty Chinese made led matrices again and I have to ask the question... why on earth do they make the pinouts so confusing? It just makes designing projects so much more difficult, whether it be by manipulating code differently or hard-wiring it differently...

Now I'm sure there must be some sort of logical reasoning for this, but does anybody know what it is?

Try it yourself. Grab some paper and draw the connections on it. Remember: The lines aren't allowed to cross...
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Go Up