Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno Diagram Software (Read 4880 times) previous topic - next topic

AeolusRicky

Hi Arduino Community,

I am looking for an interactive piece of software that my students and I will be able to use to create simple schematics of our projects.  I want to be able to show them the illustration without having to draw it and then explain the schematic.  At the moment I am calling out pin numbers and breadboard references as I build a circuit but my classroom feels like a game of Battleship  :)   
It would be awesome if it had the capability to translate a circuit drawing/illustration into a schematic view.

I have found this one but are their others out there hidden away?

http://fritzing.org/download/

Have a look at the attachments for more clarification if needed.

Thanks in advance!

TomGeorge

May 15, 2016, 02:30 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:26 am by TomGeorge
Hi,
Try a schematic CAD called Express, it has a schematic and a PCB design program, but the schematic part is very easy to use and you can save the sheets as BMP files, use PAINT to convert to JPG, for electronic distribution.

https://www.expresspcb.com/free-cad-software

This is a simple example;

Its  is free and does not come with lots of overhead and extra PC tools and other freeware you don't want.

Tom.. :)
PS. It also boots really fast compared to all the other CAD progs.
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

groundFungus

+1 for Express.  I like it for all the reasons that TomGeorge mentions plus it is easy to create your own components and symbols if they are not in the included libraries. 

AeolusRicky

Thanks, just checked out Express and it is a winner.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Good, just a tip, if you want to export the diagram in bitmap, do it at 300bits.
Then use something like Paint to convert to jpg, scale, cut  etc.

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

raschemmel

I use SCHExpress but I haven't found any website source for arduino component files but have been told they exist. If I want to do an arduino schematic I have to create the arduino part myself.
Maybe someone will see this and post a link for arduino part files.

Go Up