Go Down

Topic: [HELP] Launch4j - An error occurred while starting the application. (Read 65729 times) previous topic - next topic

pascalgre

Bonjour à tous ... problème au démarrage de arduino suite à des chargement de nouvelle librairies. Arduino 1.6 . lors du lancement du programme j'ai eu un temps assez long d'attente puis le msg "en error occured while.."
Je me suis rendu compte que dans le dossier où sont rangé les sketch :
bibliothèque\Documents\Arduino   Le dossier arduino était rempli de sous dossier "librairie\librairie\librairie..." j'ai donc renommé le dossier Arduino qui contient tous ces dossiers en "Arduino1" et j'ai recréé un autre dossier Arduino dans Documents et tout fonctionne.

Si ça peut aider :)

mib1001

I have problem: Arduino IDE v.1.6.1 (and v.1.6.2) not start! My OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

But solution very easy:
- install Java Update 7 55 - jdk-7u55-windows-i586 (i586 - for 32bit)
- rename folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java" -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java-OLD"
- create folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java" again
- copy all files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java"
- rename file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\lib\jna.jar" - > "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\lib\jna-OLD.jar"
- copy file "jna-4.1.0.jar" (view previous pages this forum) to folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\lib" and rename to "jna.jar"

That's all!

After this manupations Arduino IDE v.1.6.2 will start successfully!

unicoi

Not sure how it happened, but the Arduino IDE I just installed created over 5000 "libraries" folders on my pc, and the IDE stopped launching after that.
Many, many thanks to SarahN in this thread for suggesting the DeepRemove utility. It's the only one that was able to get rid of those 5000+ empty folders on my pc.
I tried Robocopy, but it didn't work, and my virus checking software warned me not to download the unlocker tool that someone else mentioned.

I spent the last 4 hours trying to get rid of those files, so thanks again SarahN!

So, Arduino developers, when are we going to get an updated IDE that fixes this issue?

brillo

Here's what worked for me. on my Windows 8 64 bit Dell Tower
I opened Windows Power Shell and navigated to the Program Files (x86)/arduino folder and executed the arduino_debug.exe program and got this message  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't create a writer for C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Arduino
15\preferences.txt

so, I navigated to C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Arduino 15\preferences.txt file and deleted it.

When I ran the arduino program it opened normally and quickly and it created a new preferences file.  All is good at this point - so far :^)

brillo

Here's what worked for me. on my Windows 8 64 bit Dell Tower
I opened Windows Power Shell and navigated to the Program Files (x86)/arduino folder and executed the arduino_debug.exe program and got this message  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't create a writer for C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Arduino
15\preferences.txt

so, I navigated to C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Arduino 15\preferences.txt file and deleted it.

When I ran the arduino program it opened normally and quickly and it created a new preferences file.  All is good at this point - so far :^)

I wish I was what I was when I wished I was what I am Now

brillo

btw - I have 1.6.1 installed. When I previously had 1.6.2 installed, the splash screen would show up and disappear in a manner of seconds. So, I uninstalled it an made sure all directories were gone - had to delete some. Then installed 1.6.1 and then the splash screen would stay up a long time then the error message popped up.

federicofissore

brillo

No. I am working with the Teensy board (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/) which hasn't been tested on 1.6.2 yet. I only tried 1.6.2 because I was having trouble loading 1.6.1. So, I don't plan to try 1.6.3 unless I have a good reason to do so.

brillo

No. I am working with the Teensy board (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/) which hasn't been tested on 1.6.2 yet. I only tried 1.6.2 because I was having trouble loading 1.6.1. So, I don't plan to try 1.6.3 unless I have a good reason to do so.

jAssing

fwiw: this started to happen for me too after updating to 1.6.1... It displays the dialog but then opens the ide.
I have tried the various fixes posted, nothing seems to work.  I tried last nights "nightly-build" and noticed a new splash screen... No error dialog, but no IDE either. Rolled back... (but error dialog still appears).
The debug log looks similar to others that have posted.
Code: [Select]

CmdLine: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: yes
Working dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath: lib\arduino-core.jar
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath: lib\jssc-2.8.0.jar
Add classpath: lib\commons-codec-1.7.jar
Add classpath: lib\commons-exec-1.1.jar
Add classpath: lib\commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
Add classpath: lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
Add classpath: lib\jmdns-3.4.1.jar
Add classpath: lib\jsch-0.1.50.jar
Launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\java\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xms128M -Xmx1024M -classpath "lib;lib\arduino-core.jar;lib\pde.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\jssc-2.8.0.jar;lib\commons-codec-1.7.jar;lib\commons-exec-1.1.jar;lib\commons-httpclient-3.1.jar;lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;lib\jmdns-3.4.1.jar;lib\jsch-0.1.50.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length: 283/32768 chars
--
Still learning...

federicofissore

Please try starting the IDE using arduino_debug from a command prompt. It will print an error message: please paste it here

jAssing

Will dig into it deeper tomorrow -- but a quick run -- using arduino_debug.exe, no error dialog appears; using arduino.exe it does.
--
Still learning...

jAssing

It was complaining about a few libraries.  After I cleaned up the old libraries, now both arduino.exe and arduino_debug.exe fail to load the IDE.

Arduino.exe still pops up the generic message about failure to launch application.
arduino_debug.exe now is complaining about a java file..

Code: [Select]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jnidispatch (/com/sun/jna/win32-amd64/jnidispatch.dll) not found in resource path
        at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeLibrary(Native.java:471)
        at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:91)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initPlatform(Unknown Source)
        at processing.app.Base.initPlatform(Base.java:177)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:91)
^C

The file (jnidispatch.dll) is not found anywhere on my system.  I re-installed java w/o any difference.
Note; when running the debug it hangs at the last statement (I left it for over an hour) and ctrl-c breaks it.
after running either arduino.exe (but not arduino_debug.exe) -- javaw.exe is left running in memory.
--
Still learning...

qlenfg

I've been dealing with the same issue -- at some point, when I upgraded the IDE, it quit working with the Java error. This was on a networked PC with the normal user folders residing on a network drive, rather than on the local PC.

I tried a few things and blew off the issue, since I had a Linux PC to work with. I picked up the issue again today, and re-read this thread, which had a few more suggestions. Today I upgraded the JRE to the latest (8.0_45) and downloaded the latest hourly build of the Arduino IDE (1.6.4).

After unzipping the Arduino folder, I ran the .exe file, and behold, the IDE now runs and gives me the edit window. I haven't tried uploading any code to the Arduino yet, but it should work.

Go Up