How Often do Electronic Components Stop Working?

GoForSmoke:
If some people get their way, everyone who says they believe in anything that can't be proven will undergo correctional treatment to rid them of their delusions.

Education will eventually rid people of their delusions, without the need for 'correctional treatment'.

Of course what constitutes proof will have its own insane BS ideology as the current in-fighting in the atheist movement is experiencing over feminism.

What has feminism to do with the lack of belief in gods?

Henry_Best:

GoForSmoke:
If some people get their way, everyone who says they believe in anything that can't be proven will undergo correctional treatment to rid them of their delusions.

Education will eventually rid people of their delusions, without the need for 'correctional treatment'.

Which set of delusions will that include? One where everyone understands a single view? As if everyone is capable? I know people too well to believe that. Do you -believe- that?

Of course what constitutes proof will have its own insane BS ideology as the current in-fighting in the atheist movement is experiencing over feminism.

Doesn't make sense, does it? Yet the splintering goes on, which I find hilarious. Those who ask for evidence get demonized and persecuted by people who claim that their views are 100% evidence-based.

Political Correctness as a tool to power: 1
Reason and Logic: -1

I think you are mixing up scientific objective truth with the how to live your life relitave "truth" they are not the same thing.
I have not come across this debate but there is no connection unless ones view of women is that conveyed by the "truth" promulgated by organised religions.

The ideology of radical feminism has become equally insane to creationism.

Any time you start with a conclusion and make everything fit it goes like that.

How often is just such a mistake on a smaller scale behind not finding a bug in code or a pile of dead parts for that matter?

At about 2 mins into this Youtube, a part stops working.

Oddly enough I was watching a DVD last night where they had a computer program that you gave the conclusion to and it worked out the justification for it. In the end the U.S.A. used it to justify the invasion of Mexico.

It was a comedy, episode 1 of Dirk Gently - based on an idea by Douglas Adams.

GoForSmoke:
At about 2 mins into this Youtube, a part stops working.

LM317 Adjustable Voltage Regulator Tutorial - YouTube

I did that yesterday with several 470k, 2W resistors... :-S

Grumpy_Mike:

Oddly enough I was watching a DVD last night where they had a computer program that you gave the conclusion to and it worked out the justification for it. In the end the U.S.A. used it to justify the invasion of Mexico.

It was a comedy, episode 1 of Dirk Gently - based on an idea by Douglas Adams.

HA. That does sound very much like an idea from Douglas Adams.

Too bad Mexico is invading us and they don't need no stinkin' justification.

GoForSmoke:

Henry_Best:

GoForSmoke:

Which set of delusions will that include?

The ones that succumb to critical thinking.

One where everyone understands a single view?

The single view being reality.

As if everyone is capable? I know people too well to believe that. Do you -believe- that?

Doesn't make sense, does it? Yet the splintering goes on, which I find hilarious.

I've noticed no splintering nor any in-fighting amongst atheists.

Those who ask for evidence get demonized and persecuted by people who claim that their views are 100% evidence-based.

Evidence for what?

Political Correctness as a tool to power: 1
Reason and Logic: -1

[UPDATE]

Apparently the switches were not the problem after all.
After having the same bug over and over again,
and spending a long time isolating the problem,
I now think something is wrong with the breadboard.
I shifted the "faulty" switch one row downwards,
and now it works perfectly fine.

Using a meter or even a continuity checker of some kind would have saved you a few days then.

Everybody gets stuck in loops like this from time to time, but there were several
hints along the way. As many people said, (a) switches just don't fail like that,
(b) if multiple replacements all "fail" the same way, then it's 99.9% likely to be
something else causing the problem, and (c) "operator error" is usually the fault,
especially when it comes to slapping things together using a breadboard. So, 3
lessons in one.

oric_dan:
Everybody gets stuck in loops like this from time to time, but there were several
hints along the way. As many people said, (a) switches just don't fail like that,
(b) if multiple replacements all "fail" the same way, then it's 99.9% likely to be
something else causing the problem, and (c) "operator error" is usually the fault,
especially when it comes to slapping things together using a breadboard. So, 3
lessons in one.

Leading up to the Ian Flemming quote:

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action.

1.-see the datasheet parametros
2.-revise que esta haciendo mal, exigencia del componente fuera de sus rangos permitidos
3.-corriga la falla.
4.-Viva feliz :smiley:

SegoviaMiguel:
1.-see the datasheet parametros
2.-revise que esta haciendo mal, exigencia del componente fuera de sus rangos permitidos
3.-corriga la falla.
4.-Viva feliz :smiley:

¿Que?

If you start using Google Chrome, you can right-click on most foreign languages [meaning
non-English to us uno-linguals from the US and UK], and get an instant translation:

1.-see the datasheet parameters
2.-check you are doing wrong, component requirement outside their allowable ranges
3.-Correct the fault.
4.-Live Happily

I'm glad the problem with the switches was solved. For a moment there I thought we were going to solve The Meaning of Life.

There, solved.

AlxDroidDev:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=168138.msg1266668#msg1266668 date=1370416486]
I'm glad the problem with the switches was solved. For a moment there I thought we were going to solve The Meaning of Life.

There, solved.
[/quote]

42, is it mean time of life? even it is not easy connect "42" with "Meaning of Life". I guess I better do. :wink:
If I were you, since whole thread talk about mean time of life, don't use number if have to then use over 100.

sonnyyu:

AlxDroidDev:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=168138.msg1266668#msg1266668 date=1370416486]

There, solved.

42, is it mean time of life? even it is not easy connect "42" with "Meaning of Life". I guess I better do. :wink:
If I were you, since whole thread talk about mean time of life, don't use number if have to then use over 100.
[/quote]

Pop culture.