Go Down

Topic: Gsm shield prog_char has not been declared (Read 7650 times) previous topic - next topic

micksavioz

I take the gsm library from arduino.cc
SendSMS
In Kali-linux
And there are my errors

In file included from SendSMS.ino:3:0:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1BaseProvider.h:57:32: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared
In file included from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1SMSProvider.h:37:0,
from SendSMS.ino:11:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:170:35: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:189:34: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared

Smdy know how to fix it ?

micksavioz

I have fix it by uploading a new IDE arduino 1.5.2
and the problem is going....

regards[font=Verdana][/font]

davidgoth

Sorry, the problem is yet there or is it gone?

mattem83

Hi,
I have the same problem, but I con't upload to arduino IDE 1.5.x

With arduino-1.0.4 on gentoo, I try to compile SendSMS and I go this errors:

Code: [Select]
In file included from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:39:0,
                 from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38,
                 from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from SendSMS.ino:25:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1BaseProvider.h:57:32: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared
In file included from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38:0,
                 from /usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from SendSMS.ino:25:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:170:35: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:189:34: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared

I got the same problem also with the 1.0.5

Somebody can help me?

Tanks in advance

davidgoth

Hello,

Try with this version of GSM library without prog_char.
Download link: http://arduinoshield.tid.es/GSMLibrary/GSM3.zip

maqifrnswa

prog_uchar and such have been depricated in avr-libc. If you have the newer avr-libc you'll see these errors.

To fix it you either need to:
#define __PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__

before you
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>

or you compile with
-D__PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__

I've been working all day fixing lots of bugs in libraries related to this (and the fact that you variables must be const to be in PROGMEM with newer gcc), I'll post patches to github soon

mattem83

Thank you very much!
Both solutions work for me, but now I have another kind of problem.
I can compile the code and upload it with no errors but then I have no response by arduino and the serial monitor don't shows anything.
If I upload some of the examples all works fine, but with the gsm library and other library I have this error..

I don't now if is it a known issue, but if you can help me I'll be very happy!!

Thanks

Go Up