Go Down

Topic: Keep weapons off Arduino forum and website (Read 39056 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

It is as they say: "Never let a good tragedy go to waste". So many people lined up on both sides of this case trying to use it to further their agenda.

I agree. Too many people on both sides were acting more like sporting fans rooting for their side no matter what, with the mass media feeding and fostering the the arguments just for it's ratings value. Most people already made up their minds well before the trial as to the guilt or innocence of the defendant, regardless of what evidence would come out in the trial.

I did have my first impression (that the police and local prosecutor found no probably cause for arrest) but held any comments anywhere until I could actually see the trial. Again if anyone wishes to discuss the actual trial and still disputes why the jury ruled as they did , I would be glad to discuss further. It was a pretty simple case when you stick with the issue of only this specific case.

Lefty

GoForSmoke

There only has to be enough doubt to get "not guilty".

The trial can be a complete joke from both sides. Remember OJ and the custom fit gloves not fitting over hands with rubber gloves on as if the rubber gloves have zero thickness only matched by police shenanigans? Or the whole Terry Schiavo circus with Dr. Frist giving a exam by video? And let's not go into the Rodney King trial.....

Yet "we have the best system in the world", uh huh.

I look at Zimmerman, I see a liar. That doesn't mean he's guilty though. Martin should have ran his butt off around as many corners as he could get.

1) http://gammon.com.au/blink  <-- tasking Arduino 1-2-3
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial <-- techniques howto
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts
Your sketch can sense ongoing process events in time.
Your sketch can make events to control it over time.

retrolefty

The trial can be a complete joke from both sides. Remember OJ and the custom fit gloves not fitting over hands with rubber gloves on as if the rubber gloves have zero thickness only matched by police shenanigans? Or the whole Terry Schiavo circus with Dr. Frist giving a exam by video? And let's not go into the Rodney King trial.....

I look at Zimmerman, I see a liar. That doesn't mean he's guilty though. Martin should have ran his butt off around as many corners as he could get.

That did come up in the defense's closing argument. Martin had 4 mins from when the defendant lost site of him as Martin ran away, based on cell phone time records, to get less then 300 feet to his house (a football throw's length said one witness) where he was staying. The defense's lawyer made his point by remaining silent for four full mins to let the jury feel how long Martin had to get to the house he was staying at. The implication of course is that Martin chose to not go straight home after running away from site of the defendant, even though he could have easily done so, but rather he choose to wait in hiding or 'doubled back' or for whatever reason.

Lefty

wizdum

That did come up in the defense's closing argument. Martin had 4 mins from when the defendant lost site of him as Martin ran away, based on cell phone time records, to get less then 300 feet to his house (a football throw's length said one witness) where he was staying. The defense's lawyer made his point by remaining silent for four full mins to let the jury feel how long Martin had to get to the house he was staying at. The implication of course is that Martin chose to not go straight home after running away from site of the defendant, even though he could have easily done so, but rather he choose to wait in hiding or 'doubled back' or for whatever reason.

Lefty

Since you seem to know a bit about this, I had heard that Zimmerman had grass stains and dirt on his back, while Martin had them on his knees, giving credibility to the idea that Zimmerman was on his back with Martin kneeling over him. Was this brought up in the trial, or is it just more fabricated "facts"?

GoForSmoke

Since you seem to know a bit about this, I had heard that Zimmerman had grass stains and dirt on his back, while Martin had them on his knees, giving credibility to the idea that Zimmerman was on his back with Martin kneeling over him. Was this brought up in the trial, or is it just more fabricated "facts"?

It's pretty clear that GZ lost the fist fight but not clear that he was in mortal danger. His wounds were superficial except for the nose. Given the time they were supposed to be at it, TM was pretty ineffective. A good fighter would have had GZ knocked out, a mediocre fighter would have bruised him up bad.
I'm not totally convinced that TM pounded GZ but GZ "felt in danger". If that's enough to justify a shooting then I've led a charmed life.

2 idiots playing macho hide-and-seek. And CYA lies from all around.

I wonder if George Zimmerman will outlive Jerry Sandusky, who last I heard is in solitary?
Trial by combat....

retrolefty

Lefty

Yes, the policemen that first showed up and took the weapon from Z stated that he could see the wetness and grass on Z's back red jacket. I don't remember who testified about grass stains on TM's knees but yes it was so stated. Most important witness was a homeowner closest to the final setting (less then 30 ft away) that stated that the red dressed person was on the bottom and the dark dressed person was straddling and appeared to be 'raining down' punches in a 'ground and pound' matter. This witness was the biggest problem to the prosecution in that they originally wanted to hold that Z was on top but latter seemed to drop that story line. Another big problem for the prosecution was the fact that there were photos of the injuries that Z had on the front and back of his head, TM had no detectable injures (other then the single gun shot) sans a small abrasion on his ring finger.

Lefty

Osgeld

being attacked and bleeding at the hands of a stranger you dont exactly have time to call over a panel and hold a debate
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

retrolefty

being attacked and bleeding at the hands of a stranger you dont exactly have time to call over a panel and hold a debate

Certainly.
In fact it's interesting in that the self-defense law as written in the State of this event occurred doesn't require that there be any actual injuries, just that the person reasonably believes that his life was in danger or fear of great bodily harm. So the jury has to try and put themselves inside Z's head to see if such fears was in fact reasonable. The fact that he had actual injuries only makes the reasonableness more, well reasonable.  ;)

Lefty

GoForSmoke

Pack your concealed heat and go following someone like you're stalking them. If they come back at you then you're justified to stand your ground. IOW you can provoke a fight and then use the fight to get away with murder. THAT'S the law.

AWOL

OK, I think this one has wandered far enough off-topic, and has patently failed in its intent.

Thread locked.

Go Up