Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 336601 times) previous topic - next topic

o_lampe

What is your specific application that make you choose steppers over servo's ??

I don't have a specific application. Maybe a big camera gimbal controlled by a smartphone. Your app as an OSD overlay of the camera picture? ( with a smaller Joystick or semi seethrough )
But then again, I could use a brushless gimbal and the current app would be fine.

danihell

Hi kas!

nice project here...congratulations.

I would like to make you a question, it´s possible to do a joystick like your's but instead control servo control step motors,  the joystick send  0 200 300 300.

(tell the stepper with an id of 0, move to a position of 200 steps (one rotation), speed of 300, acceleration of 300)

Is this the best way to control a step motor?

thanks

rtso489

Hey kas!

Thanks for making this application. It's cool and the controls are easy to use. My friends and I have never worked with Arduinos before and hacked up this robotic ball in a week that uses your app. It was really fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkCU7p1Dk2w

Keep up the good work. We love your app!

kas

Hey kas!
Thanks for making this application. It's cool and the controls are easy to use. My friends and I have never worked with Arduinos before and hacked up this robotic ball in a week that uses your app. It was really fun!
Keep up the good work. We love your app!

Hi rtso489
Thanks for taking the time to register and post your first comments on the forum

This is a very cool hack  8) 8) 8)
Please let us have more info, link to the original device and possibly photo of the internal mechanism
Thanks again for sharing

itscoldoutside

Dec 04, 2013, 11:00 pm Last Edit: Dec 05, 2013, 12:52 am by itscoldoutside Reason: 1
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get this running with a Nano? I can connect fine, on a bluesmirf silver via the app, tried all sorts of configurations with RX/TX and servo pins, but I cant get any further, any guidance would be much appreciated.

Edit, problem solved, Thanks KAS for the time you have put in, I will upload a "dummy's guide" later in a bid to contribte : )

kas

Edit, problem solved, Thanks KAS for the time you have put in, I will upload a "dummy's guide" later in a bid to contribte : )

Glad you sorted it out
Your contribution will be very welcome  ;)

kovacsgellert

First of all thank you. It's really nice to see something this simple and well documented. I'll try it as soon as my exams are over. Referring back to an older post I believe as well that the addition of accelerometer to the available control options would be really nice.  :)

kas

Hi kovacsgellert, thanks for your comments

Referring back to an older post I believe as well that the addition of accelerometer to the available control options would be really nice.   :)

I had the idea to develop an accelerometer based application, but it didn't generate enough interest here, to justify development time   :~

hib1

HI,

I downloaded this sketch for my UNO R3  and have version 3.1 of  BT Joystick Commander on a nexus tablet.

the Bluetooth connection works as follows:

pressing button 1 on the android produces button on, button off on the arduino serial terminal.

no other functions work..

Joystick data is displayed,on the android but not on the arduino terminal

i have read through the many threads on ths topic and see no obvious fixes for the joystick problem.

Please send suggestions.

kas

Dec 25, 2013, 04:11 pm Last Edit: Dec 25, 2013, 09:34 pm by kas Reason: 1
Hi hib1,

I am currently on holydays and will be home next week
In the meantime, please make sure you are using the latest AndroLED Arduino demo sketch (V10.2)
modify:
Code: [Select]
boolean DEBUG = false;
to:
Code: [Select]
boolean DEBUG = true;

DEBUG can also be toggled using Button #2

Let me know the outcome

@all
Merry Xmas  :) :)

juycce

Great app KAS, bad thing is not working on IOIO board,just tested out :( ,do u think in a future could make one to be IOIO otg compatible?...once again ,this app is the best,on Google Store ;) Thank you

tolisn63

any chance that you  can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller.

kas

Hi juycce

do u think in a future could make one to be IOIO otg compatible?

Sorry, no experience yet with IOIO  :~

this app is the best,on Google Store

kas

any chance that you  can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller
:smiley-roll: :smiley-roll: :smiley-roll:
that's a slightly more complex story  ;)

kas

Jan 10, 2014, 08:17 am Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014, 08:19 am by kas Reason: 1
any chance that you  can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller
:smiley-roll: :smiley-roll: :smiley-roll:
that's a slightly more complex story  

OK
Did some research, looks definitly doable
I will order a Foscam IP camera which is well supported and documented

I already started development using another android device (Sony Xperia Mini) as an IP camera

Thanks tolisn63 for this smart idea, and... for keeping me busy  ;)

Go Up