Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 360662 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

OK, thank you for your hard work. Maybe you could consider to add it in the future to the other app (the one that shows also the video. That would make sense, as then you could move the robot and the camera PAN and TILT :-)
Total RC Commander  can be modified to have buttons send move information to a Pan and Tilt camera
Buttons would move camera either by incremental steps or to a specific/predefined position

Would that be acceptable for your project ??

scandermore

Yes, that would be possible. Though the camera movement would not have speed control, always max speed, and two buttons would be used for that, and not for robot options.

IMHO, a good (alternative) layout would be camera image in center, two "joysticks", one each side (could be smaller, because for me, and having long fingers, the circle is a bit big), and the buttons at the top of the controllers. Just similar to a classic arcade bluetooth joystick.

With this joystick you could also control robots that "need" two joypads, like hexapods, etc...

But... these are only suggestions. You have done a great work, just trying to give some feedback.

Alex

kas

Sep 23, 2015, 09:45 am Last Edit: Sep 23, 2015, 09:48 am by kas
I may end up creating the two joystick App, but for the moment I am busy developing  Joystick WiFi Commander

Let's try the "button" solution
Please let me have a link to your Pan & Tilt IP camera

scandermore

At the moment I don't have the camera yet. I amb only in "testing" process. Yesterday I was going to buy all the hardware I need (robot motors, gears, etc..) but there were some elements that were not in stock, so I have to wait.

Also, I don't know if I will end developing the project with a new Arduino Yun I was gifted this week, so the camera decision will have to wait. The Yun allows you to install a simple USB camera, and I would have all the hardware in only one board. The one thing I am sure is that I will be moving the pan&tilt with a support and servos (http://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/dagu-mini-pan-and-tilt-kit.html), not a pan&tilt camera.

I will show the project when I have something "decent" to show. Still work in progress...

aLeX

kas

The one thing I am sure is that I will be moving the pan&tilt with a support and servos, not a pan&tilt camera.
OK...
With a servo's pan & tilt support, you can use one App button to toggle Joystick duty from "robot move" to "camera move"

Good luck with your project

founddean

Hello
Our sumo club uses this app to control our robots and it works great.

We are looking to upgrade and start using BLUNO and Romeo all in one boards with built in BLE. (DFROBOT)

Is there any chance we can get a version that will work with those boards ?

I can't seem to get it to connect.

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Dean

Isaac96

Your phone probably does not have BLE. Also, what pins are the Romeo BLE modules on? I assume you have paired already?
Do not PM me for help. I will delete immediately.
CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F

founddean

My phone connects seamlessly with the sample app they supply. The BLE is built into the board so I am unsure of what pins it uses.

Any help would be great!!

DuaneDegn

Jan 05, 2016, 08:44 pm Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 08:52 pm by DuaneDegn
The BLE is built into the board so I am unsure of what pins it uses.
The seller didn't provide any documentation? That doesn't sound like DFROBOT.

Isn't this more of a BLUNO question than a Joystick BT Commander question?

Edit: I used the internet and found out the BLUNO Bluetooth module uses digital pin #0 and #1 (which isn't surprising). They even provide some sample code.

founddean

YES DuaneDegn they provide sample code for Arduino and Android...I have it working...I was hoping to find an easy way to use Joystick BT commander with it...I don't understand BLE protocol so I cannot connect the two together. Our sumo club uses Joystick BT commander to control our bots...looking for an easier hardware soulution than hooking up an external  bluetooth module.   We would like to use the Romeo BLE mini all in one .

DFRobot has an iPhone/iPad app 'GoBle' but nothing for Android yet...

As I have no understanding of the difference between BLE and the older Bluetooth I don't know how much work would be involved adapting Joystick Bluetooth Commander to work.

Thanks,
Dean

kas

Hello
Our sumo club uses this app to control our robots and it works great.
We are looking to upgrade and start using BLUNO and Romeo all in one boards with built in BLE. (DFROBOT)
Is there any chance we can get a version that will work with those boards ?
I can't seem to get it to connect.
Thanks for all your hard work!!

Dean
Hi Dean,
I am reviewing BLE spec's and will let you know the outcome
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any real reason to use BLE  ::)

looking for an easier hardware solution than hooking up an external  bluetooth module.   
We would like to use the Romeo BLE mini all in one
Why don't you use a standard BT/Arduino combo board ??
I use this one

Our sumo club uses Joystick BT commander to control our bots
Let us have some photos  ;)

winchymatt

Hi, Great app. very useful! I see someone has asked for a two joystick version previously, this is something I would also be interested in. Alternatively I may be able to modify your existing app code, is this available / open source?

regards

matt.

kas

Hi, Great app. very useful!
Thanks matt  8)

I may be able to modify your existing app code, is this available / open source?
Joystick BT Commander is the base of Total BT Commander (paid App)
Sorry, source code is not available

I see someone has asked for a two joystick version previously, this is something I would also be interested in
I had additional development in head
- control by tilting the smartphone, using built in accelerometers
- dual joystick
So far, did not generate sufficient interest to justify the additional development time

kri5too

/ For Mega 2560:
// remove   #include "SoftwareSerial.h", SoftwareSerial mySerial(2,3);
// search/replace  mySerial  >> Serial1
// pin#18 to RX bluetooth module, pin#19 to TX bluetooth module

I did exactly the same but i wont get readings in serial monitor :(

kas

/ For Mega 2560:
// remove   #include "SoftwareSerial.h", SoftwareSerial mySerial(2,3);
// search/replace  mySerial  >> Serial1
// pin#18 to RX bluetooth module, pin#19 to TX bluetooth module

I did exactly the same but i wont get readings in serial monitor :(