Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 361332 times) previous topic - next topic

fullspool

I will test everything again and do another ESC calibrate. Yes, you do see the Turbo on/off when you press button 2 on the data field 3 entry.  I will make another video and show you what it's doing.

FYI , I finally got my current sensor in from China. I got the 30 amp one (ACS712) off ebay because I plan on making a larger bot once I get my smaller one working correctly.

Thanks kas,

Justin

kas

FYI , I finally got my current sensor in from China. I got the 30 amp one (ACS712) off ebay because I plan on making a larger bot once I get my smaller one working correctly.
For an additional two bucks, you should also purchase the 5000mA sensor  ;)
Measuring 2 amps within a 30 amps range will result in poor accuracy/resolution and generate noisy readings

Do you require assistance for interfacing this second sensor ??

fullspool

Feb 27, 2016, 01:38 pm Last Edit: Feb 27, 2016, 01:52 pm by fullspool
For an additional two bucks, you should also purchase the 5000mA sensor  ;)
Measuring 2 amps within a 30 amps range will result in poor accuracy/resolution and generate noisy readings

Do you require assistance for interfacing this second sensor ??

It was only 1.98 shipped , I don't know how they offer them so cheap as shipping in the USA along would be more then that .

If you had time to help on the program that would be awesome. I am sorry I didn't know about the noise issue.

Will it show real time mAh use and go back to zero with no throttle input or will it count and store the mAhs that have been used ?
Thanks ,
Justin

kas

Feb 28, 2016, 07:54 am Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016, 11:30 am by kas
It was only 1.98 shipped , I don't know how they offer them so cheap as shipping in the USA along would be more then that .
Agreed  ::)

The module can measure positive and negative Amps, so the range is actually 60 Amps
We will interface the 30 amps module, but please also purchase the 5 amp board

30 Amp boards have different mV/A analog output according to manufacturer,
please let me have a link to your specific item

Will it show real time mAh use and go back to zero with no throttle input or will it count and store the mAhs that have been used ?
It will show real time mA (milli Amps) and go back to zero
You can then set up an over current alarm cut off
Useful to detect stalling and avoid burning motors

You can access mAH (milli Amp.hour) by integrating mA over time
This will put additional load on the 328P processor
To follow battery level, most people just monitor mV

fullspool

I will purchase the 5 amp board but it will probably take another month to get here .

The board I got is

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161942411886&alt=web

Thanks for the additional info , with the over current alarm I might have a 12 volt buzzer in the parts pin somewhere we can experiment with.

Thanks,

Justin

kas

Feb 29, 2016, 11:16 am Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016, 11:38 am by kas
Amp's monitoring

Connect AC714 current sensor as such, using A1 :

with the over current alarm I might have a 12 volt buzzer in the parts pin somewhere we can experiment with
For faster protection I suggest direct motors cut off by code rather than ringing a bell  ;)

Again, don't expect much from a 30A sensor

// V1.5:  added Amp's monitoring

fullspool

For faster protection I suggest direct motors cut off by code rather than ringing a bell  ;)

That sounds great, I will download and try the new code out tonight. So if motors stalled out at 10 amps would you have the code kill the motors if it seen 10 amps for X milliseconds?

Thanks!

kas

So if motors stalled out at 10 amps would you have the code kill the motors if it seen 10 amps for X milliseconds?
Yes, that's exactly the story
Try manually stalling the two motors and let me know the corresponding Amp value

fullspool

Yes, that's exactly the story
Try manually stalling the two motors and let me know the corresponding Amp value

I will get those values tonight hopefully, I have to do damage control as I hooked up the AMP meter as the diagram showed it blew up and caught fire haha  . I have to do damage control now but I don't think it ruined my uno or hc-05.

fullspool

I should have looked at the data sheet first , looks like it can only handle 5V and I put 12v to it . Oops

kas

I should have looked at the data sheet first , looks like it can only handle 5V and I put 12v to it
That's too bad   :smiley-sad-blue:
Most sensors are 3.3V or 5V

Time to get the 5A item  ;)

fullspool

That's too bad   :smiley-sad-blue:
Most sensors are 3.3V or 5V

Time to get the 5A item  ;)

My main source is 12v that supplies my motors , I ordered the 5 amp already but it still can not handle my supplied voltage.

kas

My main source is 12v that supplies my motors , I ordered the 5 amp already but it still can not handle my supplied voltage.
::)  ::)  ::)
Why don't you get the 5V supply voltage from the Arduino board ??
12V on the "measuring side" is OK

fullspool

::)  ::)  ::)
Why don't you get the 5V supply voltage from the Arduino board ??
12V on the "measuring side" is OK

That's how I had it hooked up and it smoked the chip . I didn't think the measuring side could handle 12v is why it blew ????

The led on the amp meter lite up just fine showing it had 5v and ground. I then plugged in the 12v battery to feed my esc and then smoke / fire started .

rakohr

can you told me which BT moduls are working. I have HM11 modules. They donĀ“t will work.

Go Up