Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 361267 times) previous topic - next topic

fullspool

fullspool

Mar 02, 2016, 03:49 am Last Edit: Mar 02, 2016, 04:13 am by fullspool
Yes, that's exactly the story
Try manually stalling the two motors and let me know the corresponding Amp value

I stalled the motors and my fluke meter reads 23 amps.

kas

Mar 02, 2016, 07:41 am Last Edit: Mar 02, 2016, 07:42 am by kas
That's how I had it hooked up and it smoked the chip . I didn't think the measuring side could handle 12v is why it blew ????
The led on the amp meter lite up just fine showing it had 5v and ground. I then plugged in the 12v battery to feed my esc and then smoke / fire started .
The measuring side definitely can handdle 12V

Two possibilities:
 - wrong connection (parallel vs serie) on the measuring side       <---<<
 - deffective item

I stalled the motors and my fluke meter reads 23 amps.
The 30A gizmo may be a good option  ;)

kas

can you told me which BT moduls are working. I have HM11 modules. They donĀ“t will work.
HM-11 is a BLE (Low Energy) Bluetooth board, not compatible with Joystick BT Commander
as mentioned by fullspool, use an HC-05 (or HC-06) board
Very cheap on eBay

fullspool

The measuring side definitely can handdle 12V

Two possibilities:
 - wrong connection (parallel vs serie) on the measuring side       <---<<
 - deffective item

The 30A gizmo may be a good option  ;)

I solder lead from negative plug from 12v battery to plug on amp meter and solder lead from positive plug from 12v battery to plug on amp meter . Or should I just tap in to positive side on battery and left negative alone ?

kas

I solder lead from negative plug from 12v battery to plug on amp meter and solder lead from positive plug from 12v battery to plug on amp meter . Or should I just tap in to positive side on battery and left negative alone ?
:o  :o
It an Amp meter, not a Volt meter
Should be a serial connection with the load (motors ...)
Look again at message #605

fullspool

:o  :o
It an Amp meter, not a Volt meter
Should be a serial connection with the load (motors ...)
Look again at message #605

I guess I was confused since the diagram shows the negative wire from battery source going to the amp meters terminal.

fullspool

Here is the video of the turbo button not working correctly.  I don't know how to fix it ?

https://youtu.be/j7t_jwKomcA

kas

Mar 04, 2016, 09:28 am Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 07:29 am by kas
Here is the video of the turbo button not working correctly.  I don't know how to fix it ?
Got it
Once again, I forgot that with ESC's, neutral position is myservo.write(90), not myservo.write(0)
Try this one   :-[

// V1.6  fixed Turbo

fullspool

Got it
Once again, I forgot that, with ESC's, neutral position is myservo.write(90), not myservo.write(0)
Try this one   :-[

// V1.6  fixed Turbo

I loaded the code and soon as I added power the motors started wide open, I would have to pull the joy stick all the way back for them to stop, release the joy stick and it goes back to wide open. I didn't have time to calibrate the ESC this morning before work but I will do that tonight and report back as I am not sure if it's an ESC calibration problem now.

Thanks,
Justin

kas

I didn't have time to calibrate the ESC this morning before work but I will do that tonight
Please describe calibration procedure or let me have a link to it

fullspool

Please describe calibration procedure or let me have a link to it

Radio Calibration
Different radio systems have slightly different center points and travel ranges. To adjust
the Scorpion XL to your radio a jumper is located on the ENC header on the circuit board
to activate the radio calibration function. To calibrate the Scorpion XL to your radio
systems set all your trims to center and place a jumper on the two pins indicated in the
image above. The Status LED will blink rapidly during calibration. Move the radio
controls to their full extent several times. When finished center the controls and remove
the jumper. The Scorpion XL is now calibrated and the radio information stored in non-
volatile memory. You can verify proper calibration by observing the motor LEDs. Both
should be off with the controls centered. We recommend you disconnect any motors
from the Scorpion XL during calibration.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-SCORP-XL.html

kas

Move the radio controls to their full extent several times. When finished center the controls and remove the jumper.
To get full extent, make sure to enable Turbo mode before performing calibration
(Button #2 <ON>)

fullspool

To get full extent, make sure to enable Turbo mode before performing calibration
(Button #2 <ON>)

I tried re-calibrating and everything works until you hit the turbo button. When I go to accelerate to full stick movement the rover freaks out and then goes wide open forward then backwards when you have forward stick position.

kas

Mar 05, 2016, 07:53 am Last Edit: Mar 05, 2016, 07:54 am by kas
I suspect calibration was performed in Turbo 0FF mode

1) With Turbo enabled, if you just move joystick North/South, only within the -50/+50 range
    Does it get crazy ??

2) As a test, try changing
    case 'C':
      buttonStatus |= B000010;        // ON
      turbo = 1;
to:
    case 'C':
      buttonStatus |= B000010;        // ON
      turbo = 4;

Hitting button #2 will actually slow down bot

Let me know the outcome

Go Up