Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 378906 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

Mar 20, 2016, 07:13 am Last Edit: Mar 20, 2016, 07:32 am by kas
FYI I put a couple batteries through the bot and it's performing awesome.
8)

I am doing my best to understand it but it's more advanced then I am at this point . I've read the code multiple times and picking up on a few things.
My personal advice: don't cut corners, we all started by blinking a led and replicating the sketch examples   ;)

fullspool

8)

My personal advice: don't cut corners, we all started by blinking a led and replicating the sketch examples   ;)

100% agree ,I bought another uno to experiment with, I didn't want to take a chance of ruining the progress we've made thus far .

I am going to try the v1.7 code on a sabertooth esc today to see if the ranges are similar to the scrop XL.

woodygb

IF you get probs with the Sabretooth I'd suggests going with...

#define    LIMIT_ANGLE    40                           // Max range, adjust to your specific controller/servo

fullspool

Mar 20, 2016, 11:08 pm Last Edit: Mar 20, 2016, 11:13 pm by fullspool
IF you get probs with the Sabretooth I'd suggests going with...

I just tested it and was going to make this change . I am glad you confirmed my findings as in turbo mode in full stick movement in the reverse position it acts similar to what the XL did but in full forward position it's fine ???
What is also puzzling the differential steering doesnt work but does fine with traditional rc ?

Here is a video with code v1.7.

https://youtu.be/DWe2SYxBIic

woodygb

Switch 4 DOWN and 6 UP appears... I think .. to be the correct setting for use with the Arduino prog v1.7

fullspool

Switch 4 DOWN and 6 UP appears... I think .. to be the correct setting for use with the Arduino prog v1.7
I did this and it appears to work right for one motor only . The other motor doesn't turn .

I have 1 down , 2 up , 3 up , 4 down , 5 down , 6 up.

woodygb

Mar 21, 2016, 09:48 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 09:55 am by woodygb
Which Sabretooth model do you have?

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/Sabertooth2X25QuickStart.pdf

Microcontroller pulses, independent
linear control: An R/C servo signal is
connected to terminals S1 and S2. A
1000us - 2000us pulse controls speed
and direction. 1500us is stop.
That appears to be 2,3 and 5 ON

fullspool

Which Sabretooth model do you have?

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/Sabertooth2X25QuickStart.pdf

That appears to be 2,3 and 5 ON

I have the sabertooth 2x60 , I will try that combination. I ran through the wizard settings and either 1 side would work correctly or but wheels would turn like in the video I posted. I will try this again on lunch break.

Thanks,
Justin

woodygb

Mar 21, 2016, 03:15 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 03:25 pm by woodygb
Wasn't entirely sure which model ...Try 1 down , 2 down , 3 down , 4 down , 5 down , 6 up.

fullspool

Mar 21, 2016, 06:15 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 06:31 pm by fullspool
It does nothing on these settings .

fullspool

I tried several other dip options and neither were successful.  I emailed dim. Eng. To see If they had any suggestions.  It's either turning the starboard side correctly and port side doing nothing or both port and starboard side turn identical. 

@kas do you have any idea why the sabertooth is performing this way?

woodygb

Fullspool....Do you have R/C gear...If so ...I'd use it to check that both channels of the Sabretooth actually work.

I say this because your description of the Sabretooth's behavior seems to point towards a dead channel input.

kas

@kas do you have any idea why the sabertooth is performing this way?
Not really  ::)
Let's wait for dimension engineering response

@woodygb
Allthough we could switch Sabertooth to Analog control mode, use two Arduino PWM outputs and filter to get a true 0-5v continuous voltage,
I do consider this solution as subpar

fullspool

Fullspool....Do you have R/C gear...If so ...I'd use it to check that both channels of the Sabretooth actually work.

I say this because your description of the Sabretooth's behavior seems to point towards a dead channel input.
It works perfect on traditional rc gear, thats the confusing part. https://youtu.be/gKVBrUyCepA

woodygb

Mar 23, 2016, 01:29 pm Last Edit: Mar 23, 2016, 01:31 pm by woodygb
I'd suggest getting the dip switch settings correct for non mixed tank steering with the R/C gear.

Then altering the Arduino program to have the LIMIT_ANGLE =50 so that the Arduino's signal output matches that of a std R/C setup.

Go Up