Go Down

Topic: Help needed on 1st Arduino project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nathann

Jun 27, 2013, 03:26 am Last Edit: Jun 27, 2013, 08:40 am by Nathann Reason: 1
Hello,

I need to get a touch screen fan/voltage controller made, I have been using the Lamptron Touch fan controller (http://www.lamptron.com/product/controllers/fc-touch/) untill water was spilled on it and it no longer responds to touch.

What I need is:

3x 12v outputs doesn't need to be more than 30w per channel that can be controlled from 0v-12v to control 2 pc fans and 12v heat pad (the heat pad only draws about 10w)
1x 12v output with at least 120w maybe 150w max draw for a Peltier unit
6x Temp sensor inputs I have the probes already
5x 12v on/off switch controlled from the touch screen
A touch screen thats a decent size maybe around the size of an Iphone 4 or 5.
Needs to run on 12v computer power supply

Also is there a boot up time with the arduino module or is it instant on as soon as power goes in?

I have no idea what modules I will need or how to program it, if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

If someone is willing to make it I am more then happy to pay for the time and parts needed just give me a rough cost.

I would prefer to get someone to make it since I have no idea what to do but im happy to try an attempt to build it.

If you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks
Nathan  :)

graynomad

An Arduino will take about 1sec to boot if it has a bootloader installed, if you remove the bootloader it's as good as instant.

4D Systems make touch GLCDs.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/products/

However the display alone will cost as much as that controller.

How much are you willing to spend for the parts?

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Nathann

I haven't really thought about how much I'm willing to spend. I didn't really want to spend more then $400 but since I don't know what parts I need or how much programming it will need I didn't want to say a price then scare people away because its too low.

But of course the cheaper the better.

graynomad

I would think you'd get the parts for $400, but if you have to pay for a software engineer at industry rates that amount will get you the first white-board session :)

I guess you need someone that's willing to do it for the experience and/or some pocket money.

As for the hardware

3x 12v outputs doesn't need to be more than 30w per channel that can be controlled from 0v-12v to control 2 pc fans and 12v heat pad (the heat pad only draws about 10w)

3 relays.

1x 12v output with at least 120w maybe 150w max draw for a Peltier unit

One relay if it's just on/off and only heating or cooling. 2 if you want to heat AND cool.

6x Temp sensor inputs I have the probes already

Possibly nothing except the Arduinos ADC pins, but it depends on the probes. Really the minimum should be some opamps to buffer the inputs.

5x 12v on/off switch controlled from the touch screen

More relays? Depends on what you want to switch.

A touch screen thats a decent size maybe around the size of an Iphone 4 or 5.

From 4D Systems as mentioned above.

Needs to run on 12v computer power supply

No problems.

I think there's a relay shield, maybe that will do a lot of this job. Relays can often be replaced with transistors, once again it depends on exactly what is being switched. If you use relays you still need transistors to drive them.

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up