Go Down

Topic: Simple question about resistor for LED (Read 5695 times) previous topic - next topic

boguz

with the multimeter leads on 20A

So you expect to see 6mA on a 20A full scale meter? How many digits does it have.
Put the range down to 200mA and then you stand a chance.

Sorry, maybe i didn't explain it right. In my Multimeter i need to change where i plug the +Lead according to what i am measuring (Resistence and Voltage is in one place, and current is another). So i just meant that the lead was connected to the "plug" where it read 20A (and also tried the "plug" where it reads "mA").
The in the multimeter i have tried 200mA, 20mA,...

= =
Ai, ai, ai...   LEDs LOOK like such a simple thing, but then it's like we need a full year's course just to understand it! This is one of the things i like in electronics, you can always dig deeper...  ;)
= =

Thanks guys. Tonight when i get home i'll try a couple more tests and i'll post any results i have!

Grumpy_Mike

(and also tried the "plug" where it reads "mA"

That should have worked. As it didn't then you might have blown the fuse in your multimeter. The current input is often fused to protect the circuits but they do blow easily.

fungus

you might have blown the fuse in your multimeter. The current input is often fused to protect the circuits but they do blow easily.

This ^^

Those fuses blow really easily, they're only about 200mA.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

boguz

Oh yes, the fuse in the multimeter was blown. and i am guessing it has been blown for a looooooong time!!!    :smiley-sleep:

as to the resistors, i think i will go with 240 Ohms this time.
Thanks, you gave me much to think about...
;)

Go Up