Go Down

Topic: i2c Address code for Arduino display..  (Read 4712 times) previous topic - next topic

Anthropous

I am going to recommend that you only have the IDE and the sketchbook/user libraries on one drive.

I'd start with a clean installation only one drive, and eliminate Arduino files on the other. I still don't understand what is the E drive and what is the C drive, and why you felt the need to migrate from the C drive.

well, unistalled likr you said, and reinstalled and now the arduino program crashes, as can be seen in the taskmgr. comes up then disappears. what should i do?

cattledog

For now, I guess you could install and run from C: without using E: like a standard installation.

Then, I recommend that you make a new post your problem in the Forum section "INSTALLATION & TROUBLESHOOTING"  about installing on and running from an external drive with ongoing problems related to the IDE looking for things on C: 

You did not answer my question about the F.Malpartida new liquid crystal library required for your instructables sketch. The file it was looking for LCD.h is a part of that library. The sketch actually does not need to have a #include <LCD.h> when using #include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

Anthropous

For now, I guess you could install and run from C: without using E: like a standard installation.

Then, I recommend that you make a new post your problem in the Forum section "INSTALLATION & TROUBLESHOOTING"  about installing on and running from an external drive with ongoing problems related to the IDE looking for things on C: 

You did not answer my question about the F.Malpartida new liquid crystal library required for your instructables sketch. The file it was looking for LCD.h is a part of that library. The sketch actually does not need to have a #include <LCD.h> when using #include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
should i remove the #include <LCD.h>?

Anthropous

((School Computer)) I'm so CLOSE!!!

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

LCD_display_and_distance_sensor:50: error: 'LiquidCrystal_I2C' does not name a type

LiquidCrystal_I2C    lcd(I2C_ADDR,En_pin,Rw_pin,Rs_pin,D4_pin,D5_pin,D6_pin,D7_pin);

^

\\rangiorahigh.school.nz\shares\Student\130012\Docs\Arduino\libraries\libraries\LCD_display_and_distance_sensor\LCD_display_and_distance_sensor.ino: In function 'void setup()':

LCD_display_and_distance_sensor:60: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope

lcd.begin (20,4);  //Size of LCD

^

LCD_display_and_distance_sensor:63: error: 'POSITIVE' was not declared in this scope

lcd.setBacklightPin(BACKLIGHT_PIN,POSITIVE);

^

\\rangiorahigh.school.nz\shares\Student\130012\Docs\Arduino\libraries\libraries\LCD_display_and_distance_sensor\LCD_display_and_distance_sensor.ino: In function 'void loop()':

LCD_display_and_distance_sensor:78: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope

lcd.clear();

^

Multiple libraries were found for "NewPing.h"
 Used: \\rangiorahigh.school.nz\shares\student\130012\Docs\Arduino\libraries\libraries\NewPing
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\NewPing
exit status 1
'LiquidCrystal_I2C' does not name a type

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

cattledog

I would remove it as, but if the F. Malpartida library is correctly installed, it does not matter if it is there or not with the i2c lcd.

If you look in the library examples for the HelloWorld_i2c is is not used. The following should be all you need.
Code: [Select]
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

cattledog

LCD_display_and_distance_sensor:50: error: 'LiquidCrystal_I2C' does not name a type

LiquidCrystal_I2C    lcd(I2C_ADDR,En_pin,Rw_pin,Rs_pin,D4_pin,D5_pin,D6_pin,D7_pin);

This indicates that the  F.Malpartida library is not installed properly.

Anthropous

I would remove it as, but if the F. Malpartida library is correctly installed, it does not matter if it is there or not with the i2c lcd.

If you look in the library examples for the HelloWorld_i2c is is not used. The following should be all you need.
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

once i have removed that the next error is that liquidcrystal does not exist, i belive this is because i have not installed that library.. (( this is on the school computers as arduino does not work currently on my computer ))

Go Up